Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, who is going?
I will be there from Thursday-Sunday.
I am staying in a hotel (Wife is coming, its her idea, however a hot shower, and a warm bed does sound nice).

Well, if there are a few of us going we should get a organized run together on one of the days. Just a thought.

Take it easy all,
Jer:beer

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Bah

Some of those rigs are not even sort of Jeeps. Bring whatever you want. Don't expect to be able to just set up your own runs suring Safari week, though. They close several of the trails specifically for the event and only allow the organized runs to go on them. Also, many of the trails become one-way during Safari. You should do some research for more info...

·
Finally got SAS'd
1,142 Posts
This year they are not allowing individual runs on most of the trails. Which means that you have to sign up and pay to tun the trails during the safari. If you are caught without the proper markings you will get a ticket.

This is one reason I am not going this year. I do not want to pay to ride public land that is normally free to ride on.

More info here, they have been debating it for a couple of months now.
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=54864

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Ehh, I'd do more research on it, if I cared about it. I just asked, becuse I recalled there being alot of rules involved with being there. I can't say I'm surprised to read about them getting strict to ride the trails during the event, either. And the idea of getting a ticket? what good is that? Is the offender required to pay the ticket, in order to ever wheel there again?? That can't be legal :shrug

·
Finally got SAS'd
1,142 Posts
I dont know about never beign able to wheel there again with the issuing of a ticket, but the Red Rocks Four wheelers are corodinating with local law enforcement to crack down on individual runs on days when there is a sponsored run.

I went last year and even if there were no restrictions I would not go back during the EJS. Too many people.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was down in moab last weekend and while i was there picked up the 2006 EJS Newspaper. There is an article that states about 6 trails closed to exclusive use on the day of the scheduled trail ride. There is so many trails, six being totally closed will not dampen the fun. Besides, just seeing all the modified vehicles is worth any inconvience. You will be hard pressed to find any other day in utah with as many different vehicles in one town. It's like a buffet. So many trucks, so many mods! I'll be there thurs-sun as well. It'll be hard to miss your bronco. I'll flag you down when I see you.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, or just call. PM me for my digits unless you still havethem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts