Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen his name mentioned in several posts and that he's no longer around.

Who is/was he ? Did he retire? Pass? Change hobbies?

·
Bronco Master
593 Posts
He was a Bronco wiring guru that helped a bunch of people out over the years. I’m not sure what may have happened to him as I was disengaged for the past 5 or so years.

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,853 Posts
Who is/was he ? Did he retire? Pass? Change hobbies?
I ask myself these questions a lot on older posts from various members I see. Never really know.

There is a thread on here that mentions all of those who have knowingly passed on. You could look through that, but it may bum you out just reading through it. It kinda did to me, I had to stop. lol

·
Man of endless projects
9,106 Posts
defiantly a wiring and efi expert. he had the fordfuelinection site alot of people used for info. had a online shop called rjminjectiontech for certian stuff. nobody really knows what happened. he stopped posting on forums awhile before orders stopped being fulfilled. jsut disappeared

he did at one point post this long time ago. he wasnt in the best health then

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,805 Posts
Above is right.
There was hear say that he just started suppling harness to others, and not selling them himself. I am unsure if that is still the case today or not.
I still have a MAF engine harness he made running my '92 Bronco right now. Top Notch stuff. I also have a few 3g alternators I got from him still working, along with the harnesses for them as well.

·
Super Moderator
14,908 Posts
All around Ford electronic and EFI wiz..Like @CrazyBRONCOguy, bought my 3G alt from him back in the day and it's still going strong..sucks he's not here any more..If I recall correctly, towards the end he ran into some trouble with Ford for the name of his site, previously FordFuelInjection..

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,365 Posts
Yup, Ford basically sent him a cease and desist order over his website. I searched the webs for him a couple years ago, and only found one "match" who had just been arrested iirc. Wasnt him, I'm sure.

Not gonna share his name, for privacy reasons.

@miesk5 has some of his old stuff catalogued, and you can still find some info at RJM injection tech.com I think.

·
Super Moderator
25,018 Posts
Yo Desert Bronco,
His name is Ryan M.
His RJM Injection Technologies site was at http://web.archive.org/web/20120611030917/http://www.rjminjectiontech.com/

His Big Bronco tech site is at https://web.archive.org/web/20130819082029/http://oldfuelinjection.com/?p=1

Index of /files pics, wiring diagrams, etc. @ http://web.archive.org/web/20100221070148/http://fordfuelinjection.com/files/

Inject Your Horse by Ryan M @
FUEL INJECTION TECH
Inject Your Horsepower 1 PDF
Inject Your Horsepower
PDFInject Your Horsepower
PDF

Book MARK all.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
306 Posts
@miesk5 Did he pass? His post about ill health and being a retired paramedic/firefighter....leads me to believe he's deceased.

I knew a lot of old school "firemen" (no disrespect to the ladies)...I'm talking dudes that be late 70s today. They all fell victim to some respiratory disease or cancer in their late 50s-mid 60s.

Back in the day these dudes rushed in with either no or very crude breathing apparatus. Hazmat? They didn't know or realized the dangers they faced everytime they were on duty. These "firemen" as all first responders today are heroes.

·
Super Moderator
25,018 Posts
Yo,
More by Ryan,
EGR Eliminator Installation Manual @

note, member end user registered fuelinjectedford.com for us in 2015.

Here it is in event it's lost again:

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,365 Posts
I asked an innocent and inquisitive question. I had no idea of the response it would create. Must have been/is a great guy.
He was a great guy, who had a wealth of knowledge on how the ford efi worked. He was a big part of our community. Our family if you will...

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,071 Posts
So many likes to leave here already. I considered Ryan a good friend and a great guy. Having him around as this place was getting on it's feet, he was an invaluable resource and generous to a fault with the time he would put in just to document and share detailed information... and back it up. For quite a few years, everything he put out as he started his business was detailed unquestionably well and built to last. I bought one of his last 3G setups for my PlowBeast, right before sh!t started going sideways for him. Knowing him for a few years prior, getting very patient and detailed information freely given without any attitude or arrogance... I felt horrible for him and can only imagine that his personal issues spun him completely out of control. After a good bit of trouble mentioned before... he just disappeared.
I like to hope that he just dropped out and chose a different path but knowing the physical and hints at some mental issues he rarely alluded too... I doubt it's a cheery story, whatever it may be.

I hadn't read that link or the issues he had elsewhere but it makes me sad for him because the guy I knew wanted nothing more than to make an honest buck to get by while giving the best he possibly could in return. I will always remember Ryan as a funny, quirky, incredibly intelligent, knowledgeable and generous, original and founding member of our forum.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
306 Posts
I’m still a n00b and never “met” the man but kudos to him for sharing his knowledge and creating the online content. I admire and respect those willing to teach and share their knowledge with others.

If he encountered difficulties in dealing with life issues and neglected his business, to me, that should not take away from the good the man did/does.

Wherever he may be, I wish him peace!

·
Eric
2,583 Posts

His Big Bronco tech site is at Fuel Injection Technical Library » Home

There is some CRAZY-good tech in this. I mean, engineering-level comprehension. I could see why Ford may have gotten nervous about some of this being made public information (not that I necessarily agree with their approach, or anything). However, if this was just a taste of the man's understanding and attempt to relay it to the end-user... I'm nobody special, at all, but I've only ever seen some of this tech elaborated on, at this level of disclosure, in tuning forums.

·
Super Moderator
25,018 Posts
There is some CRAZY-good tech in this. I mean, engineering-level comprehension. I could see why Ford may have gotten nervous about some of this being made public information (not that I necessarily agree with their approach, or anything). However, if this was just a taste of the man's understanding and attempt to relay it to the end-user... I'm nobody special, at all, but I've only ever seen some of this tech elaborated on, at this level of disclosure, in tuning forums.
Yo Silver,
Ford's sub-contracted lawyers went too far with Ryan and others, including many web sites.
"Ford Threatens Enthusiast Sites With Lawsuits Over Copyright Infringement

In a recent letter to enthusiast web sites, Ford's reportedly requiring the relinquishment of all Ford trademarks including domain names, banners, signs and merchandise as well as a restitution payment of $5,000 by December 19th.
The days of the Carpocalypse are upon us and Ford is now taking it to the internet, web 2.0-style. In a recent letter received by enthusiast sites including, TheRangerStation.com, Ford is requiring the relinquishment of all Ford trademarks including domain names, banners, signs and merchandise as well as a restitution payment of $5000 by December 19th, 2008.
Enthusiast sites that have received a letter from the Howard, Phillips and Andersen legal firm will be required to promptly remove all cFoMoCo-trademarked material and are threatening a $100,000 lawsuit on top of the aforementioned restitution payment.

Ford claims the unofficial use of their trademarked names are damaging, which we don't buy. The one thing we would buy is the desire to keep others from profiting from the Ford brand in the form of merchandise. But we're wondering whether Ford's lawyers should really be going after enthusiast web sites right now when they need friends anywhere they can get them.
Of course, maybe we're on the wrong track of thought here — maybe we should be thinking they’re looking to make a buck any way they can? Or could Ford be concerned the leveraged-to-the-hilt logos won't be worth as much to the automaker's growing corps of creditors? More than likely it's just another case of the lawyers not understanding what the value of positive PR is."
12/10/08 10:00AM
By The Auto insider @ Bold Moves: Ford Threatens Enthusiast Sites With Lawsuits Over Copyright Infringement

·
Eric
2,583 Posts
Yo Silver,
Ford's sub-contracted lawyers went too far with Ryan and others, including many web sites.

In a recent letter to enthusiast web sites, Ford's reportedly requiring the relinquishment of all Ford trademarks including domain names, banners, signs and merchandise as well as a restitution payment of $5,000 by December 19th.
The days of the Carpocalypse are upon us and Ford is now taking it to the internet, web 2.0-style. In a recent letter received by enthusiast sites including, TheRangerStation.com, Ford is requiring the relinquishment of all Ford trademarks including domain names, banners, signs and merchandise as well as a restitution payment of $5000 by December 19th, 2008.
Enthusiast sites that have received a letter from the Howard, Phillips and Andersen legal firm will be required to promptly remove all cFoMoCo-trademarked material and are threatening a $100,000 lawsuit on top of the aforementioned restitution payment.

Ford claims the unofficial use of their trademarked names are damaging, which we don't buy. The one thing we would buy is the desire to keep others from profiting from the Ford brand in the form of merchandise. But we're wondering whether Ford's lawyers should really be going after enthusiast web sites right now when they need friends anywhere they can get them.
Of course, maybe we're on the wrong track of thought here — maybe we should be thinking they’re looking to make a buck any way they can? Or could Ford be concerned the leveraged-to-the-hilt logos won't be worth as much to the automaker's growing corps of creditors? More than likely it's just another case of the lawyers not understanding what the value of positive PR is."
By The Auto insider @ Bold Moves: Ford Threatens Enthusiast Sites With Lawsuits Over Copyright Infringement
Really? Unlicensed logo usage? That was their excuse? Lame. FFS, the information was priceless. With the amount of tech-savvy youngsters out there, currently, being exposed to the electronic principles Ford was using in the '80's may have encouraged more of them to explore the hobby more and get excited about the company's progression to what they're currently using. Most of the young guys I talk to about my BKO, now, are like, "Seriously? That thing's fuel injected and has a computer? GTFO." They take an interest. Ford definitely did more harm than good with not only painting enthusiasts as brand pirates, but seeking petty financial recourse from them as well. Like they didn't even consider the amount of people drawn to the brand from exposure/access to enthusiast contributions.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed on the SITREP miesk. 👍

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,233 Posts
Brand loyalty is of course important, but I imagine the correlation between fans of older vehicles and sales of new vehicles is pretty low. And perspective is important: 2008 was a really bad time for the auto industry, so they probably weren't thinking clearly.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yo Silver,

And that's why you transfer domain reg/hosting overseas to non compliant jurisdictions and politely tell them to go **** themselves ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts