Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want a custom front bumper made to hold a winch, a few fog lights, and 2 recovery hooks. does anyone know who can make me one or give me a price quote

(pony-boy, i was searching and on a past post u said u had a friend who made this nice front bumper, ill post the link of the pic, where can i reach him and where is he located, i am on the east coast.)

IF anyone knows anyone or anywhere to get one drop me a line,

also, i am gunna seriously going to research my lift big time, is it a good ideah to pick the components out 1 by one, like buying lift coils and softride springs from skyjacker, then just buying different part from other companys or is it better just to buy a whole kit,

how will my stock steering hold up when i get 36's and a steering stabilizer. will it be fine on the street and mild offroading. wich is better a dual or single stabilizer. also can i keep the factory front suspenion components and still lift the front 6 inches. i just wanted to use a 4" dropped pitman arm and 6" coils and of course shocks, sorry for the noob questions

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
im not even goin to post a thing, except SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wes

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
What the hell, I'm bored....There's folks on this site that can build you a bumper, do an "advanced" search on custom bumper. As for the kit my personal opinion is that while you could mix and match pieces...why? Each compnay has there shit made to work together...just order a kit and be done with it...:shrug Besides it's a well known fact that ordering anything piece by piece vs. the kit, is more expensive...even a combo meal from McDonalds is this way.....:duh

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
Dustin and I build bumpers for Broncos. I don't recall where he put his pictures, but mine are here, in the first post - http://pnwfs4x4s.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=137600982&f=635602323&m=8116071525 IIRC, pony-boy just has a -re-runner light bar, added to his stock bumper. As with both of us, the final design is what determines cost. PM, or email either one of us. I'm in Oregon, but have shipped orders everywhere, from Michigan, to Florida, and will have one sent to NY fairly soon, so don't be afraid of shipping from clear across the US

·
Registered
97 Posts
He said about $300 I am going to have a hitch recever installed not a winch mount. My winch uses reciver mount front and back so it will cost me a little more.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Hey David...kinda looks like mine, huh??...;)
You need to post up pics. with as many people like that design, you might get big bussiness! :thumbup
P.S. I'm sure Dustin can mimic the same type design...:beer

·
Registered
292 Posts
Blaze said:
You need to post up pics. with as many people like that design, you might get big bussiness! :thumbup
P.S. I'm sure Dustin can mimic the same type design...:beer
Hey dustin can you repoduce this. I am interested! This is what I have been looking for. How much do you think it would run and would shipping be outrageous. Maybe I could find someone closer if its not worth the cost of shipping.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
that bumper is on e-mans truck. he was a member on MBB and visits here from time to time. it is a really nice bumper, but i would be concerned about the approach angle. look at bumpers like tntbroncos, and keith_l's, they have some nice looking bumpers while still keeping a decent approach angle. david made tntbronco's, and can make it for the 80-86's again im sure, and with the right measurements could make one for earlier and later models.

wes

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
Blaze said:
Welll.... no, not even close

]You need to post up pics. with as many people like that design, you might get big bussiness! :thumbup
I need to TAKE pictures first! :toothless I get so busy with welding and school, I often forget to take any pictures... mostly because I have to wait for the film to be developed :brownbag

That bumper's a good design actually, it takes into account the unprotected area under the radiator, that's why it looks like that. I drew up a couple drawings similar to that, but since that guy beat me to it, I'm not going to copy it. I can certainly build similar, but I won't copy it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts