Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the sets advertised on eBay for about $85.00 that will do both doors, but I know nothing about the quality of the kits.

Has anyone replaced their Bronco's door weatherstrips, run channels or the inner and outer felt strips?

If so, what brand of kit did you use and where did you purchase it?

How was the quality/fitment?

Thx!

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
I used a set from JC Whitney. they were supposed to be the same as the factory, but they wern't. The profile of the section that slides over the metal ridge is ovaL on the factory set. The one they sent me was square. A real pain since the trim is designed for oval.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
I purchased these items from LMC. They packaged the items very well, so they arrived undamaged. The fitment was good to excellent. I had experienced no problems to date (1 year since they were installed).

~Rudi~

·
Registered
689 Posts
iv used the jc whitney peices and it was prefect...now this was a few years ago matbe they got cheaper in quality

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just ordered a set of inner and outer for the side windows and the weatherstriping set for the tailgate from the "graveyard". Did I make a mistake? And does anyone have a cost on the OEM? I spent 100 w/ shipping on those.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have purchased sets from both LMC, and JBG......and I guess I would say that they fit just fine and the quality of the product looked to be good. It has been well over a year on my current daily driver, and I am still very happy.
BTW on my daily driver I have replaced EVERY glass sweep, and rubber seal from both doors and tailgate......and I keep a VERY close eye on the drain doles at the bottom of all of them!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I got my door weatherstripping from JBG and I am very happy with the seal. They came a little long, had to cut about 1" off each one, but I'd rather have too much than too little. Doors are hard to close at first, but settle reasonably quickly.

·
Banned
18,469 Posts
I replaced mine with OEM weatherstrips. :shrug

Straight from the junkyard. :D Excellent fit & quality, and pretty good lifespan, especially considering the price: ~$20. :toothless

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
A quarter says a pair of these will last several years longer than two sets of your junkyard rubber...

·
Super Moderator
25,841 Posts
bronco graveyard = actual name is Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, a.k.a. "The Graveyard," - excellent on-line catalog + Message Board

LMC, a division of Long Motor Corporation - Bronco parts & accessories; order their free catalog / reg for on=line catalog

1 - 12 of 12 Posts