Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a phone call from the bank, and I got approved for the loan on the truck I was looking at. Sold my 91 GMC last weekend and looked at an 07 F-150 King Ranch Monday. They wanted $17,950 for it, but after some negotiating (and some cash down) they dropped the price to $15,999. Bank had to have more verification so it's now taken 4 days total to get the loan approved (apparently when you buy a house, it makes it hard to get financed on vehicles...who'dathunkit?) Little high on mileage, sitting at 128k, but not too bad considering my wife's 08 Escape is now pushing 90k on it. Took us a long time to rebuild after losing yet another good paying job, but within the past year and half we went from one car and a renting a small townhouse, to this moment being homeowner's with 2 fairly new daily driver's and 2 play vehicles.

Here's the new toy. I'll try to post pics some real pictures tomorrow. I'll be picking it up tonight and it's already getting dark here.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
From one KR owner to another, please get some leather conditioner on those seats. Also, be aware that when they get that dry they will wear. Especially on the back down where the seat cushion meets the back. That leather is thick as hell, but once it loses it's suppleness it wears fast. I've read several suggestions, but I'm not sure what's best. The only reason I bought a new lariat was because Ford dropped the ball on the KR leather. After 08 it is the same as the Lariat leather, just a different color. Nice truck!! I miss mine, but I love my ecoboost except for the rotten mileage.
Swamp

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that's a real Cowboy Cadillac :thumbup

Congrats!
Haha thanks. I was looking for a FX4, but the only ones in town I could find were all only extended cab rather than crew. There was only one crew FX4 that was in my price range, was low mileage (I think around 60k), but on the test drive it had the very typical 5.4 tick and a lot of interior wear or discoloration. Steering wheel leather was loose, center console (flip down console rather than the full console which I thought was weird) had loose leather and was discolored to black, top of the driver's door panel was worn smooth and discolored black, cigarette burns in the cloth seats and headliner. They wanted 15k for it, but I planned on keeping it for a very long time and didn't want something already beat up.

Only problem with this King Ranch is it's missing the top cap piece on the shifter. I've already got one ordered from the dealership, should be here on Monday and delivered to my work by the end of the day.

From one KR owner to another, please get some leather conditioner on those seats. Also, be aware that when they get that dry they will wear. Especially on the back down where the seat cushion meets the back. That leather is thick as hell, but once it loses it's suppleness it wears fast. I've read several suggestions, but I'm not sure what's best. The only reason I bought a new lariat was because Ford dropped the ball on the KR leather. After 08 it is the same as the Lariat leather, just a different color. Nice truck!! I miss mine, but I love my ecoboost except for the rotten mileage.
Swamp
Thanks for the info. So far I love the truck, runs great and I really love the interior. I was going to take it to work this morning, but tonight I'm installing the lift kit on my Grand Cherokee and didn't want to make two trips to work. I've got quite a few errands to run tomorrow, so I'll put around 100 miles on the truck before evening, then a night run in the Jeep with the off road club.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe in your area, around here it's pretty average priced for them. I could have gotten a 2010 XLT with the new body style for about 20k, but it had about the same mileage and no features aside from power windows and locks. Another stealership had an 07 GMC for 18k with 170k on it. I feel like I got a good price for a great truck.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Congrats! A few years ago I somehow ended up with one as a rental from the ford dealer a couple years ago and it almost made me actually want to buy a new truck. Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts