Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what rotors are you running. I have only found 1 rotor that will fit over the hub, and its not working for the caliper brackets I have. the one I found is from a 96 E series. no ford or chevy rotors fit.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Possibly one from a 1999+ superduty.I know the bolt circle is slightly different,but that could be altered or redrilled to the correct pattern.To try, you could remove the wheel studs so that you could see if the rotor would fit over the hub and have an offset that would work.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IM using shawns kit. he responded with a link to a guy that R and D'd it I guess. I did find one guy on PBB that has done this by turning the back of the hub so the chevy stuff slides on. Im going tomorrow to see if I can get that done, otherwsie I will pull the grinder out, but would prefer a more accurate way of doing this.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
problem isnt solved. Im not crazy about maching the back of the hub. Also, the studs are the biggest available without going to 5/8 studs, and the knurl depth is inadequateinto the hub for a DD. At least IMO

·
Registered
728 Posts
I emailed Shawn awhile back and I believe his response was..... some modification is required.... meaning grinder' down

Here is a picture of the trouble hes having with the calipers as you can see it won't seat w/o turning or grinding......

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
is there any way to make your own brackets for the calipers and run the rotors on the wheel mount surface? (think drum brakes on a semi float, wheel holds them on.)

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there is only 1 rotor that fits, and it fits perfectly, but has a larger hat to fit over the hub, so the caliper doesnt sit quite right. that is however, what I am working on now.

Personally, i think Great lakes is misleading customers

·
Registered
728 Posts
PLug... I haven't bought a great lakes bracket yet, just did some of the researching on it, im starting to second guess buying his.... sorry if I mislead you in anyway about his product I just knew he made a bracket
my axle is still sitting in my garage, it might get my attention now that my engine is done, but doing the swap means I need to swap wheels and tires to 16" or grind for 15" clearence, either way I need 8 luggers, and I need money for a locker and gear install, so yea its going to be put off for awhile.

I gave all of my disc parts to Will because his rear tanked so he threw my rotors and calipers on his 14 bolt.
so im not obligated to go chevy 3/4 ton rotors as before, what rotor is semi-fitting, Front Ford Van 3/4, 1 ton?

I think there are a few of those at the yard I might have to go score one and see how it fits.

Will fabbed up his own bracket template and got a shop to cut it out, Im thinking i might be doing the same.

In fact I think ill go to the junkyard today.... I'll let you know what I find if I go

1 - 20 of 52 Posts