Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dads got an 07 diesel 4x4 long bed... i have to say driving it is not all pleasure.. the bumpsteer is rediculous... the front steering design is horrible... personsally i hate turning with the thing all together... steering chatters while turning at speed too..

there just stupid.. anyone else feel the same way??

dc

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,982 Posts
really? the few i've run haven't had a problem.

Heck even these that I get to play with ain't as bad as ya would think.

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
We have both, an 02 and an 05. The 05's steering is just fine in all situations - zero bumpsteer.

The 02 rides a hair better than the 05, but the 05 is a 350 and the 02 is a 250.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 350... 20k on the odo... its got some pretty good chatter through the wheel(like theres no dampener in the stem, you feel alot of the road in the wheel) and i dunno... ive just noticed a total freakout in the steering while turning and hitting a bump at speed

dc

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
its a 350... 20k on the odo... its got some pretty good chatter through the wheel(like theres no dampener in the stem, you feel alot of the road in the wheel) and i dunno... ive just noticed a total freakout in the steering while turning and hitting a bump at speed

dc
Take it in on warranty. That's not right. I know fords haven't been to reputable on their steering, my Bronco has a bit of play and my old company had 00 and newer Ford E-250's and they all had crap for steering, but none like what you described.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts

dc

its got a problem...nice to know the concern and info no after your critise it. :twak

probably a trac bar issue. they have had problems getting slop in them either way its warrenty. take it in

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
really? the few i've run haven't had a problem.

Heck even these that I get to play with ain't as bad as ya would think.

Adrianspeeder

We work on Luke AFB trucks just like them, The have issues with coking in the intake, turbos, and egr problems. Since the idle all day and run JP4 on top of only doing 30mph it doesnt help the 6.0

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
its got a problem...nice to know the concern and info no after your critise it. :twak

probably a trac bar issue. they have had problems getting slop in them either way its warrenty. take it in
Bashing on a truck that hasn't be properly maintained, thats lame.:twak

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bashing on a truck that hasn't be properly maintained, thats lame.:twak
the truck hasnt even hit 20k miles... and its not mine so please dont speak to me on maintenance stfu:goodfinge

w/e ill give ford the call and see what they say i just wouldnt expect a trac bar problem this early in its age...

dc

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
i thought it's jp8... jp4 was phased out... it still needs additives to stop coking/corrosion etc though
We run all JP8 on the army side...helicopters, humvees, generators, etc. A few things like some generators, etc may only take diesel tho.

The airforce "tug" F350s are pretty cool...never got to ride any but have seen a ton :thumbup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts