Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I should put this in a more general section, but I'll start here & see where it it takes me ...

I just paid way too much for a door lock actuator at the local Ford dealership, and it got me to wondering.
The last vehicle-specific board I was active in, had at least two guys working at dealership parts counters who offered a good discount for fellow enthusiasts.
Do we have anybody around here offering that kind of 'service to the community'??

:popc1:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe I should put this in a more general section, but I'll start here & see where it it takes me ...

I just paid way too much for a door lock actuator at the local Ford dealership, and it got me to wondering.
The last vehicle-specific board I was active in, had at least two guys working at dealership parts counters who offered a good discount for fellow enthusiasts.
Do we have anybody around here offering that kind of 'service to the community'??

:popc1:
If that don't work out a member of another board I'm on owns a Lincoln/Mercury dealership in Philly.

I busted the EGR valve trying to remove the tube that goes to the exhaust manifold. Gave the local stealership the Ford part number off of the EGR and he said it was no longer available and that I had to change out 3 parts totaling almost $350. Called Ray... He got me the part I needed for $150.

You can call 1-800-216-6411 and ask for Ray SR.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks y'all .. good info!

Since the stealership lightened my wallet yesterday, and Wood pretty well cleaned out the rest today (woohoo - 4.56's!) ... I'm not looking for anymore parts right at the moment. I just wanted to know who to go to next time around.

And of course - the more options the better, so if anyone else wants to add something here ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts