Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or as Hurst calls theirs, Roll Control. Thinking about doing away with the e-brake cables and installing one of these instead. Figured I'd ask and see how many people like them, who made theirs and what not. Did a search and nothing popped up under "line lock" or "roll control."

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
they are usually used for front brakes. i have one on my Trans Am been on for 5 years no leaks. the purpose of an e-brake is so if you loose fluid pressure you can still stop. a roll control works on fluid. so it wont help much.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
84brownbronco said:
they are usually used for front brakes. i have one on my Trans Am been on for 5 years no leaks. the purpose of an e-brake is so if you loose fluid pressure you can still stop. a roll control works on fluid. so it wont help much.
not eternal leaks, internal presure loss leaks when activated...

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
and im pretty sure every one of those says "Not to be used as emergency brake"

so I wouldnt do it. if you wanted something different, you could get one of those disck e brakes that bolts to the rear yoke of your tcase.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
If you want to do it do it. I tossed my E-brake long ago, never used it, never worked. Don't expect it to hold for weeks, but it's only $50-$75
I plan on a line lock for other reasons than locking the brakes for weeks at a time. :D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
what would be the point of a line lock on a 4x4? am I totally missing something here? The only time I use a linelock is to heat up/clean off my drag radials at the track in my cars.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,920 Posts
If you do install one, make sure of the style you're getting and that its installed correctly.

The one on our friend's Duster was not installed right, so when someone flipped the switch it stopped all fluid movement so when he went to move the car he had NO brakes and smashed into the back of my mom's El Camino.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanx guys. I don't use my e-brake hardly anyway. Whenever I do it's for relatively short periods of time of about 30 minutes at most. Pretty much whenever the truck is on and I have to leave it for a few minutes I'll use it. Other than that, the e-brake hardly sees use.

As for the junior high part. I done and graduated, now with a full-time job. By the time I get home they're in beds taking their daily afternoon nap. :D :beer

·
Well Done Man!
1,621 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
OldBlue said:
what would be the point of a line lock on a 4x4? am I totally missing something here?
You get Bronco Driver? Look at the artilce for the cover truck, white EB with red flames. He has 4 line locks, one for each wheel. He can brake a single wheel for tighter cornering.
That's just one use :thumbup

1 - 20 of 31 Posts