Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you can get one for FREE!!

Yep my buddy's uncle has a few broncos on his lot about 5 hours away from me.. got me a 302. Perfect. Now I can slowly work on it, make it like "new" again, then when ready, drop that bad boy in the Bronco..

That drive is going to be fun though..especially in the Titan..WOOO oil companies..HERE I COME! :doh0715: ..going through the Rocky Mountains.. 170 miles of steep upgrades..and downgrades..on a small highway. Especially comming back..with two motors, and a tranny in the bed...........

·
Lick my balls
12,958 Posts
I don't see how you can call that free, when you are driving 340 miles to get it. You could get a 302 for around the same price as you're spending on gas and not have to drive as far.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
8,670 Posts
agreed, or even a 351w for that matter. I got one out of a '69 tourino that my dad's friend was hauling to the scrap yard for free, just had to pull it.

I guess you do what you can though.

·
Banned
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah my buddy got the 351 for his 78 ford pickup. Getting the tranny for it too. And the 302 for mine. He's paying half the gas, and I'll average about 15mpg up there..about 12-13 under load back..so its not TOO bad for gas. Motors are in good condition, so well worth it.

·
Banned
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no offense but nissans suck !!!!!! just throwin that out there
Now that's not very nice.. but each to their own. I'm happy with it, and it kills those "hemi" things.. :toothless not to mention under load, still picks up and hauls :doh0715:

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,547 Posts
not to mention under load, still picks up and hauls :doh0715:
So would your Bronco..... if you had a 351. :toothless

·
Banned
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why ask such a question in the TECH section like this?

because you dont have half the crap you say you do :brownbag
Yeah..sorry I have a better life than you? and can actually buy and have nice things? :duh Perhaps you can also answer this, how does my posting in the Bronco tech, have to do with what I own and don't own? :popc1:

ANYWHO.. I was thinking of going for a 351 for the Bronco..but there's really no need for the power in the truck. It be just a daily driver back and forth to work. Keep the miles off the "newer" trucks that tend to cost WAY more as things break with high miles.. plus resale value.

I still havn't decided if I want to make this an offroad truck though. My mother passed this truck down to me also before she passed away last April, and I kinda want to keep it in the family..without banging it up and such. Dunno..choices choices!! Bigger tires be nice though :rockon

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,547 Posts
Yeah..sorry I have a better life than you? and can actually buy and have nice things? :duh Perhaps you can also answer this, how does my posting in the Bronco tech, have to do with what I own and don't own?
:twak

Dont be a dick. Thats the most childish shit Ive heard in a while. And Ill tell you, since you dont get it, what it has to do with it. "I might get a new motor woohoo!" is not technical information. It should be in Anything Else or General Discussion.

Also, Hummers = small penis.

·
Registered
691 Posts
:twak

Dont be a dick. Thats the most childish shit Ive heard in a while. And Ill tell you, since you dont get it, what it has to do with it. "I might get a new motor woohoo!" is not technical information. It should be in Anything Else.

Also, Hummers = small penis.
I agree 100%, especially with the last line. And titans do suck, Nissan made them just like their cars (tin cans) :smilie_slap. And no i dont say that just because its runs on rice, cause i was actually impressed with new tundra.

·
Registered
555 Posts
jeez youall are brutel. kid gat a good deal and gets beat up. so he put it on the wrong post wow

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.