Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the front grill is different but I wasn't aware that the fender openings are that much different. What's the deal?

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
The whole front clip is different.. Fenders, lights, grill, hood..

·
Banned
21,545 Posts
Probably the only difference in the front wheel lips are their front edges where they end at the bumper. But that's just speculation.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,970 Posts
Steve83 said:
Probably the only difference in the front wheel lips are their front edges where they end at the bumper. But that's just speculation.
Yeah, slight difference.

Adrianspeeder

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Steve83 said:
The front of the front fenders by the bumper is different

·
Banned
21,545 Posts
Yeah, but the topic is the wheelwell lip. It doesn't look like there's much difference, if any, in the shape of the arch or the contour of the body right at the lip.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Another noticeable difference I can see between my 87 XLT and my 94 XLT is the black body side molding on the front fenders is different.

On my 94, the molding seems to be shorter, while on the 87, the molding seems to be closer or extends more to the wheel well opening.

Oh, and there is some sort of difference on the 87 vs the 94 from the distance directly under the front headlamp assembly to the top of the front bumper and from where the wheel well arch meets that area.

?

Those are my observations. The actual contour of the 87 & 94 fender "lips" appears to be identical - of course by the human eye, but I have not taken any physical mearsurements to compare scientifically or for true tech specs....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts