Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, this is gonna be a rant...

I'm so annoyed with my dad right now. I'm 16 and just got my first speeding ticket a couple days ago. I was doing 43 in a 20, didn't really realize I was speeding, I thought the speed limit was about 35. My speedo was saying a little under forty but I've got bigger than stock tires so I'm guessing that's why it was off. Yea, I know, I was the one speeding, you're fault, you should be getting yelled at. Well, it's one thing for my parents to be like, Bad! No! Don't do it again! Rah Rah! but it's another for my dad to be drunk and not shut up about it. Everytime I say ANYTHING he turns it around to do with something about me speeding. To be honest, he really has no room to say a damn thing. A few months ago he got a speeding ticket, doing about 65 in a 45. He was doind some work for a detective and the detective called in and had it dropped. I'm going to be paying for my ticket, I'm not having it just dropped and pretend it never happened like he did! And he still speeds everywhere at all times, usually with a beer in hand! WTF!? I seriously can understand them yelling at me, but it's been two days! I know I screwed up, I should have been paying more attention considering I was in a known speed trap area, but how can he not realize how stupid what he's saying is!? He's going off about a ton of stupid crap right now, but the speeding thing is what's got me ticked off. He drives stupidly, speeds, doesn't where his seat belt and friggin drinks while he drives... and thinks he can just yell at me all day about one ticket. I'm not the best driver in the world. But I'm defiently doing better than him so far.

GAH! I hate drunks.

That's all...

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Well, if you want revenge...Entering think dirty mode...You *could* put in a call to the locals as an *anynumos(sp)*caller about someone drinking and driving...Out of dirty revenge mode...

I see what your saying...I got about the same thing when I got a ticket, they just bring it up sometimes...o well live and learn and let die.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've considered destroying his cooler many times.

I'm not that far from actually doing it either.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Pour some laxitive in his beer! He'll make it about half way to town and shit in his seat if its good enough.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
You should beat him up and dump is beer down the sink, then make fun of him all the time. That will fix everything.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
I've considered destroying his cooler many times.

I'm not that far from actually doing it either.
All jokes aside, thats probably not going to do anything but make your situation worse.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Just start drinking yourself. Then you'll totally understand. OR, find a moment to talk (not yell/rant/whine) with him when he's not drinking?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LMAO! Yea, I'm sure that'll tighten the ole father-son bond!

I'm more wanting to find some way to ruin it. But do a good job to where he wouldnt be able to tell it was me. Then do it to all his beer for like a month. I've wanted to do that foreva!

EDIT: Talking to him doesn't help. He thinks drinking doesn't do anything to him. We've all tryed talkin to him about it and all it does is piss him off and send him to the cooler for another beer. I know destroying something wouldnt make the situation any better. But it might help him realize just how much I hate him drinking.

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Pour some laxitive in his beer! He'll make it about half way to town and shit in his seat if its good enough.
3-4 drops of Visine used to do the trick. 3 min. tops b4 the fireworks. :thumbup
They changed their formula though, doesn't work anymore. :doh0715:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'll drink to that :beer
:histerica

Youre lucky all he's doing is yelling. I got pulled over at 16 and didnt get a ticket. The cop called my parents and told them I was doing 73 in a 55. My parents took my license and grounded me for three months. There is one thing my dad always says "dont do what I do do what I say". Suck it up and slow down I wish I would have slowed down when my parent told me to. Now that I have 13 points on my record I cant finance a nice car because the insurance payment would be more than the car payment. Learn from your dads mistakes instead of making the same mistakes he did.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Some people shouldn't be allowed to drink, I'm just happy I'm not one of them :D

Thirsty, thirsty, thirsty thursday in a college town that parties, amen 8 pounds 6 ounces baby Jesus

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know speeding was wrong and I know it could seriously suck but I'm not mad at the fact that he's mad about the speeding, I'm mad that he's stupid because he's drunk and won't shut up about it.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
You want to really show him?

MOVE OUT

But as somoeone else already said, don't do as he does, do as he says.
It's obvious you can see the problems it causes in his life.
The difference being that if he screws up they don't hold his parents responsible anymore.

Did you pay the ticket or will he?
If you did than all you have to say is
"I paid for my mistake what more can I do?" :beer

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm gonna be paying for it.

I'm not sure how much it's going to be or anything, I've got to go to court March 12th about it. We're hoping they'll just give me the ticket and send me to driving school and not put points on my record.

He pays for some of my gas, but I usually handle most of it if I have money. My mom paid for my truck and pays my insurance. If my mom yelled at me for a week straight, it wouldnt bother me. She has a good reason to.

But for my dad to just sit there and yell at me for no reason other than he's drunk is BS.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm gonna be paying for it.

I'm not sure how much it's going to be or anything, I've got to go to court March 12th about it. We're hoping they'll just give me the ticket and send me to driving school and not put points on my record.

He pays for some of my gas, but I usually handle most of it if I have money. My mom paid for my truck and pays my insurance. If my mom yelled at me for a week straight, it wouldnt bother me. She has a good reason to.

But for my dad to just sit there and yell at me for no reason other than he's drunk is BS.
You got it good. I wish my parents paid for my gas and insurance.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts