Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I realize I'm a girl but that is no excuse for always getting the run around by shops. Doesn't any of those people really know what they are doing?

My rear axle seal was leaking a little last fall, but it wasn't bad so I just put it off for a bit. After wheelin pretty hard on my trip to Funny Rocks, it has now started leaking bad. So it needs fixed before spring gets here and wheelin again.

I knew that I could do this job myself but the weather here is bitter cold and wet and I have no place to work on it. I knew that I would have to pull the axles and take them in to have new ones pressed on, but instead of doing it myself I drove into a Les Schwaub and asked them what it would cost for them to do it for me along with rotating tires and check the toe-in.

They gave me a printed quote of $80.00 for both sides and then cost of seals, etc. Grand total of $120.00 if there was no oil on the brakes, which I assured them that there wasn't. Then another $40.00 for alignment.

So I took Bronco in since that was a decent price. Okay here is when the crap starts. Half a day into it, they call me and said they gave me wrong quote because the axle on my rig needs the bearings pressed on and they don't have the ability to do that and need to send it out to get done. So they have it torn apart, I have no other way of getting home, so I tell them what is the new price and that I have no choice other than for them to do it. I picked it up and it was $349.00 and they told me that they did not get to the toe-in cause they ran out of time.:rofl: :banghead :doh0715:

I am really beginning to hate shops and well, just about everyone in general.

To top it all off, I worked all weekend trying to replace my heater core in my truck and couldn't get one person to come help me. As*holes.

Done with rant and I still don't feel any better. :cry

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Come down here and we'll help ya out! "That's right, you're not from Texas, but Texas wants you anyway." ;)
Should've told the shop to put it back together as-is and raised hell about them giving you the wrong quote. They can only walk over you if you let them. You should see my grandmother when people try to put her in situations like that... or maybe you shouldn't... it's rather horrific.

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is so stupid, is that I assumed since the Bronco was in their parking lot, that they had gone out and made sure what it had before providing a quote.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
If it's any consolation, I've had things like that happen to me. When it does, I just say, "Show me." and I give 'em the chance to shut up or put up. :shrug

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
when you get a quote and its a little over that is understandable but they double it! I would have just told them to **** off, and i wasnt giving them that much. Its pretty obvious before you take it all apart it was gunna need to be pressed. Go find a good honest mechanic that you get along with. things go much smoother.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
10,765 Posts
Shoot'em in the knee caps.Won't do no good , but it'll make you feel better !:thumbup

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
FordFilly said:
Now that is some funny chit there.:histerica :histerica
Well I already told you the other two options:
1) Bitch until they stop ripping you off
2) Come home (to Texas)

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm thinkin I would be so much better with option #2. Thanks. So what's for dinner?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
It's been a little chilly here the past couple days.. how 'bout some chili? :thumbup

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
What bullshit, you got tits so you got the run around... Hope you dont take offense girl cause you know we love you, but you know thats how it works.

However, I just cant *picture* an automotive repair shop, even a rinky dink shop that is out a wood stove hut, that cant press there own seals. That part, sounds most fishy.

Best of luck to ya! Let us know what happens!
Andrew

·
Premium Member
14,615 Posts
its bullshit being yanked around like that... take your bronco back... and call a local news broadcaster and report em bet you that'll fix their a$$

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
meatbeater said:
It's the shops job to screw you, it's how they get money.

Buy a book and change them yourself.

Awesome advice.

FordFilly said:
I knew that I could do this job myself but the weather here is bitter cold and wet and I have no place to work on it. I knew that I would have to pull the axles and take them in to have new ones pressed on, but instead of doing it myself I drove into a Les Schwaub and asked them what it would cost for them to do it for me along with rotating tires and check the toe-in.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
It could also be they can't speak "Ford"

only chevrolet. I run into this problem quite a bit so I always ask "how many types could it be and do you have them all in stock ?".

A quick interested question of how they're going to get the bearings off is also a helper-primer for them to discover they don't know how to do it.

Help them so they don't F#@8 up so bad next time.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
I do alot of work at the Base hobby shop, well I got to talking to one of the guys that work there and mentioned I was going to maybe take my Bronco to Les Shwaub to get a front end allignment. He told me he used to work at a Les Shwaub and to NOT take it there. They will try to find anything else that is wrong with your vehicle and make you pay or you don't get your vehicle back. If you force them to put it back togethor and just leave, they will call the cops because you are driving an "unsafe vehicle".

1 - 20 of 24 Posts