Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I gotta ask you guys that have been in relationships longer.. Why women do this..

Ok, I've been planning on going to the Work X-mas party for about 3 weeks and then going out to the Bar with some co-workers, because it's a Freinds last week with the company.

I come home from work for lunch, and remind my girlfreind that we had the party tonight. And she acts all happy and stuff. Then I mention that we all still planned to go to the bar afterwards. This is where everything goes down hill. She starts acting all sad and stuff, not telling me why.. I figure it's cause she doesn't want to go to the bar.. Which was no problem she didn't have to go.. So come to find out she made other plans..

So why is it I feel like shit because she forgot about my plans and made other plans... This happens all the time, I'll prolly end up canceling my plans again for her... All I wanted to do was have a freakin beer with a freind.

Maybe I'll just drink my roommates beer and get shitfaced tonight at home.!

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
NO you won't. You're gonna go to the damn bar and have a beer with your friends. I've only been married a year but my wife trys to pull that "i forgot" routine all the time. She didn't forget, she just doesn't want to go to the bar, and she doesn't want you to either. Don't let em win man, they're always pulling this kinda stuff.

Legal disclaimer:
This is free advice and in no way makes me liable for whatever you do or don't do. I am not at fault if she dumps you and goes home with someone else. I am also not liable for anything that I say, do or think, as these are the opinions of an anonymous third party who wishes to remain.....anonymous.

Old Yeller

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
just tell her you understand she made a mistake and for her to have a nice time and that you'll see her later/tommorow, there is no rule you two cant go out and have fun without each other :beer

a. she will decide to go with you and have a good time
b. you'll go without her and you'll have a good time

win/win :thumbup

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,175 Posts
Grab yerself by the nutsac and say "I am man. I did not forget anything. Plans were made in advance & reasonable notice was given. I am in no way responsible for alternate plans made by other parties." Then go to the bar and enjoy yourself like originally planned.

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
Women always pull these stunts to see how far they can push you. At the start of the relationship the guy always ends up breaking plans with the boys to make her happy. Best thing you can do is to call her bluff, and come 8pm, you be in your good clothes, and on your way out the door.

I'll bet any amount that she will be much more attentive in the future.

-Matt

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Bronco85 said:
So I gotta ask you guys that have been in relationships longer.. Why women do this..

Maybe I'll just drink my roommates beer and get shitfaced tonight at home.!
Because we let them

Like the guys are saying, they stretch the limits to test you and then go further if they're in the mood to annoy you.

Like dsotmoon says, try to placate her. Getting cut off at Xmas sucks !

Sixlitre

·
Registered
727 Posts
It's ok if she forgets but just wait until you forget some plans she made. The devil would make life easier on you in hell.:goodfinge

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well She called up my roommate who is actually her best freind.. And I guess she had planned some romantic night, because it's our first Christmas together. And we HAVE to spend tommarow night with her family(That ones for another thread!!)..

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
I understand where you are man. I got in trouble for calling mine before playing hockey with the guys the other night, she said I didn't have to call but I did. So she cries, and I feel bad, and apologize. (I'm in St. Louis for break, she is at home in Colorado. Last night she gets mad because she has to wait 5 hours more to see me on the 13th, big friggin deal.

But if we don't let them win, they leave, because it is our fault that we can't read their minds.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I know just how you feel. That's all I'm going to say, because I don't want to write an essay, but...I know how you feel.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
If you don't take a stand now you're phucked for life.

I know she's your first piece, but your balls are still yours. Go the bar, she'll get over it.

Be a man.

If all else fails.

·
3,420 Posts
normally i'd agree with these guys, but if her other plans are a romantic night with you she will be really pissed if you pass that up. if her plan was a girls night out thing or something then i'd be telling you to go to the bar with your friends.

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Zach94 said:
normally i'd agree with these guys, but if her other plans are a romantic night with you she will be really pissed if you pass that up. if her plan was a girls night out thing or something then i'd be telling you to go to the bar with your friends.
but what if she planned this romantic life, er, i mean night, to get him away from his friends? gotta watch them sneaky women :toothless soon you'll have no friends, hell whatever happens, have a great time, either way is only good as you make it :beer :drinkbud :drinkbud :beer

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
My girlfriend said she had something planned for when I come home, but since I won't be home a few hours early like she had planned in her head without talking to me as to when I was coming home, she cancelled them already. Funny how you don't hear about these plans until 2 seconds after YOU ruin them.

·
0 Posts
Id tell her to go have fun with her alternate plans and pick my drunk ass up at the bar when i am done. :thumbup

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll figure it out. Maybe just an hour or 2. at the Bar.. Or get her drunk, and she'll forget all about tonight :) Naw thats not cool..

Good Luck all.. Marry X-mas....

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
94_chickentaco said:
Id tell her to go have fun with her alternate plans and pick my drunk ass up at the bar when i am done. :thumbup
Somehow that never turns out well.

I don't know why. :shrug

1 - 20 of 50 Posts