Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just fabbed up an exhaust system, a new magnaflow 2-1/4 high flow cat to a 2-1/4 flowmaster then it dumps in front of the rear tire. BUT, after only a week, its getting that rotten egg smell! why?.....the cat does not have an air tube, so i dident install it, is that possibly why? thanks guys.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
I was thinking I stumbled onto the wrong site by the title of the thread, and might've suggested to use shampoo and a luke-warm bath. :rofl:

Was the cat you put on there made to replace BOTH converters on your Bronco? Should be, as most are three-way converters (TWC's) these days. The factory system has the redux cat. first, then the oxidation bed second. That air injection tube goes between them, and is essential on these vehicles to work properly. If there is an oxidation bed in the replacement cat you have probably fouled it by not having the air injection on there. Whoever sold you the converter should've checked this for you, IMHO. You're probably going to end up replacing it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i put the cat in myself, i got it off ebay. is it too late now? i got my inspection, so i should probably take it out now anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts