Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
hey guy i was wondering why they dont make a dual cat back system for the last generation of broncos ? seems to me if i own a shop this would make a killing .
The same reason they don't make a LOT of parts for Broncos... the market.

Heeps get plenty of attention, because their potential customer base is astronomically larger.

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
cost. since bronco's never came factory with duals, they have to get it to pass CARB, and even then I am not sure one could legally do it with out recourse from unkle sam.

·
Registered
408 Posts
thats still a single exhaust with just having dial tips so to speak.
i answered his question

hey guy i was wondering why they dont make a dual cat back system for the last generation of broncos ? seems to me if i own a shop this would make a killing .
see, you just mixed up a couple words

a dual cat back system retains the stock cats.

a true dual, dual cat system means two pipes front to back and two cats.

hell, the whole idea of a "cat back" exhaust is to keep the stock cats to stay legal in 50 states

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
i answered his question

hell, the whole idea of a "cat back" exhaust is to keep the stock cats to stay legal in 50 states
With the way the poster posted orginally I am fairly sure he is looking for true dual exhausts with dual cats. not a single cat with 2 exhaust tips.

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
i answered his question

:stupid

i would have guessed hes not lookin for true duals... then it really wouldnt be a cat-back.

·
Registered
897 Posts
True duels are tough on a Bronco. Between the short wheelbace, trans/transfer case, and the huge rear tank...there just is not a ton of room. Ya, it could be done, and has been, but probably would not be a big seller. Add to that, with the window down, or the top off, your going to get gassed out, and that off road, a single, side outlet is just better. Less to get knocked off.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Two main reasons company's don't R&D a product. Small projected sales, and in the realm of exhaust componets ease of fittment. We allready know based on the mutitude of opinions in just this thread the sales most likely wont be enough, not to mention that the brake and vent hoses on the 8.8 would need to be relocated to properly clear the dr side tail. The latter would presumably also cut down on sales due to the fact that brake lines usually require a more experienced tech than just hanging exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
come on guys, if they can sell straight-out-the-back duals for an f-150, they can surely sell em for a bronco. The reason no one carries or makes them is liability, we all know that fumes can come in the back window and if something were to happen, the makers of the exhaust (excluding custom shops that make you sign something) could face potential lawsuit.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Other than pure image

a larger single, mandrel bent system will outflow and out torque any dual system. It also delivers a pretty serious mileage increase too. It's also dirt cheap compared to duals too.

Start with a mandrel bent 3" tailpipe for as low as $23.00;

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73684&highlight=mandrel+bent+tailpipe+sixlitre

Then work forward choosing whatever 3" muffler that suits you. Before that is where you solve your Bronco's real problem: The restrictive Y-pipe.

IIWY I'd put a better Y-pipe on first and reap the mileage and power benefits while you're deciding with muffler to go with.

Sixlitre

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.