Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been trying to find a Bronco to buy in Colorado for the longest time now. I thought I had found a decent one, but when I took it to a 4x4 shop to have a pre-purchase inspection, they found like $2000-2500 worth of stuff wrong, and not little stuff either. I know the windows were shot, and there was a small ding on the drivers fender, but stuff like since I took the truck for a test drive and yesterday, somehow there is no longer 4wd. The tranny and t case would have to be rebuilt, and the owner probably hadn't done regular maint. for about 25-30k miles...nice!! I was going to pay $4k for it assuming it worked as it was supposed to.
Why is it that all the FSB's(at least in Co) are either WAYYYY to expensive(i.e. there is a 94 at one of the dealerships in town with well over 170k, paint issues with hood and roof[I know, normal issues], but they want 11.5k because it has a 6" lift and some decent tires. Keep in mind, it hasnt been regeared, so it gets like 8mpg, but ya know how dealers are...), or they are complete hunks o' junk?!? I figured that about $3-4k for a DECENT bronco(read: minor issues, nothing major...the engine wont drop out on me, nothing like that...)was a reasonable idea. I guess not in Colorado.
Well, this was really just a random rant that I had wanted to get out for a good little while...but if anyone has a decent 92-96 Bronco they want to sell, and are either located in Co., or are willing to travel a little(job wont permit me to travel anytime soon), let me know.

Maybe eventually I will find one?!?!?

Later Y'all

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
Completely forget about even shopping for a bronco from a dealer and unless you want to get bent over the counter.

Sounds like your 4x4 shop is guessing.. non working 4x4 could be many things.. not just a "rebuild".

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
I don't live there but I am guessing Rust is the main reason it is so hard. I found mine with only one bad spot, and I didn't notice it until after I brought it home (Never buy a car in the dark). But I would have bought it anyway. Just look around more. I see two or three in near mint condition every week or so. BUt they are all 4k or so.

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
I don't live there but I am guessing Rust is the main reason it is so hard. I found mine with only one bad spot, and I didn't notice it until after I brought it home (Never buy a car in the dark). But I would have bought it anyway. Just look around more. I see two or three in near mint condition every week or so. BUt they are all 4k or so.

Rust in Colorado? Almost non exsistant!

Dommo2007, they're out there for less. Search the Denver Craigslist, CoSprings Craigslist and the FoCo craigslist. There's a ton of em on there in decent condition for good prices. What dealer did you talk to and who told you there was stuff wrong? I'm local to ya and can give you come suggestions on who to go to and such.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the shop first did a "visual" inspection...cheaper than a full one, but so much was wrong with it, I decided to forego the full one. We tried another t case motor(the owner is a friend of a friend, plus he had it laying around), still nothing. Might be very easy, might not, just too much other crap wrong to make it worth it to find out. Their "estimate"...yes, a guesstimate, was around $2500 with parts and labor. I could cut some or all of the labor down, but still...
I have looked pretty far away...I was on leave up untill very recently, and I had planned on driving somewhere and picking one up, but now I have to go to work every day, so that kinda rules that out.

I have been scouring craigslist...denver, springs, all over the state, so far they have all turned out to be crap. I am looking to spend about $4k, maybe 5...with that I figure on repairing/replacing/ whatever, but minor stuff. Really not much rust here, plus, I was hoping to find an already lifted Bronco, not looking for a bazillion dollar, 10" SAS kit installed, but something that gives me somewhere to start. I have what I think is a very promising option on craigslist, if the guy ever decides to write me back.
Anyways...if anybody sees anything pop up, either Bronco or Ford 150/250, same years, decent condition, for under 5k in my area, if you let me know you would so go to the top of my Christmas card list...lol.
Later yall

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Woo hoo!!! I think I actually found one that meets all my criteria. Now that I say that, I am sure that something major will be wrong, but I think I am going to take VT's idea, and just buy it anyways...lol. I mean, its not like the engine is gonna fall out on the way to work one morning, right? Right?!? lol

Oh yeah, gotta ask...Massbronco, I was checking out pics of your truck, but some of them wouldnt load or something, so I could only see the thumbnail...I see one that looks either like a model of your truck, or your Bronco on some lowrider rims...??? Tell me thats a model, otherwise thats the coolest Bronco I have seen in a long time...lol

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well, I have been trying to find a Bronco to buy in Colorado for the longest time now. I thought I had found a decent one, but when I took it to a 4x4 shop to have a pre-purchase inspection, they found like $2000-2500 worth of stuff wrong, and not little stuff either. I know the windows were shot, and there was a small ding on the drivers fender, but stuff like since I took the truck for a test drive and yesterday, somehow there is no longer 4wd. The tranny and t case would have to be rebuilt, and the owner probably hadn't done regular maint. for about 25-30k miles...nice!! I was going to pay $4k for it assuming it worked as it was supposed to.
Why is it that all the FSB's(at least in Co) are either WAYYYY to expensive(i.e. there is a 94 at one of the dealerships in town with well over 170k, paint issues with hood and roof[I know, normal issues], but they want 11.5k because it has a 6" lift and some decent tires. Keep in mind, it hasnt been regeared, so it gets like 8mpg, but ya know how dealers are...), or they are complete hunks o' junk?!? I figured that about $3-4k for a DECENT bronco(read: minor issues, nothing major...the engine wont drop out on me, nothing like that...)was a reasonable idea. I guess not in Colorado.
Well, this was really just a random rant that I had wanted to get out for a good little while...but if anyone has a decent 92-96 Bronco they want to sell, and are either located in Co., or are willing to travel a little(job wont permit me to travel anytime soon), let me know.

Maybe eventually I will find one?!?!?

Later Y'all

look on pirate4x4.com I think i saw a few there from colorado

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
wow there are tons of quality broncos to be had on the cheap in colorado. this one ofthe best bronco buyer markets i have seen hands down. And yes while rust is an issue out here it is not the same as the east coast and should especially not be a problem in the year range that you are looking.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,173 Posts
Its a TLT axle and I think it is a blackfoot hard body with a home made top. Looks really good so far and its not done yet.

As far as bronco's go, just keep looking. I found mine in the paper. Talked the guy down from 5 to 3800 cuase it had a bad fuel shut off valve making it run ritch and he thought it was something worse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, first...like I said, when I saw only the tiny little thumbnail, it really looked like you lifted your real Bronco, then put on a set of 13" wire wheels...lol.

As to Bronco17113...there are a lot of Broncos to be had. I guess I am getting to be too picky. I want a truck that needs some TLC, but not to the point where I am wondering weather or not it will crap out on me en route to work. I have looked at several that would be AWESOME if I had both more money to drop on it, and also the option of letting it sit in the driveway if I had to. We own another car, but the wife needs it to get to work every morning, so that rules that out. I guess they arent ALL junk...just the ones that I am able to afford, and that I have seen so far. I havent checked out pirate4x4...not for a while anyways. I think I have found a decent rig to buy here in the Springs...we shall see. I am pretty sure that since I am talking aout how I want to buy it, something is going to be all jacked up on it...lol...I think I may be jinxing myself. Happened with the last three...lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts