Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just browsing ebay, and came across this. It looks like it's both upper and lower, but I'm not 100% sure. I've never heard of the intake, or seen this company b4. Does anyone have any info on either? If the price is for both, it's about half the price of an Edelbrock efi performer.
Of course if it looks to good to be true, it probably is.:doh0715:

click right here.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Probably a Chinese casting. They've been making Cobra intake knockoffs for years.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The castings are horrible on the inside of the pieces, and they are punched out like cookies overseas. I've also read where some guys using them on Mustangs have had to grind off excess casting remnants and shit to get the things to mount properly.

The company that produces those intakes is called "Professional Products". They also make throttle bodies and some other engine pieces as well... If you notice the designs, they are direct and DUPLICATE versions of some well known name brands - in fact one of their favorite companies to COPY is Edelbrock... also, all of their products seem to be semi "polished"...

I'd stay away from their products... I've even heard of issues with their throttle bodies such as sticking throttle blades, casting issues and fitment issues...

you pay for what you get - cheap parts = cheap products = problems....

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cobra Jet said:
The castings are horrible on the inside of the pieces, and they are punched out like cookies overseas. I've also read where some guys using them on Mustangs have had to grind off excess casting remnants and shit to get the things to mount properly.

The company that produces those intakes is called "Professional Products". They also make throttle bodies and some other engine pieces as well... if you notice, they are a direct and DUPLICATE versions of some well known name brands - one of their favorite companies to COPY is Edelbrock... also, all of their products seem to be semi "polished"...

I'd stay away from their products... I've even heard of issues with their throttle bodies such as sticking throttles and shit...

you pay for what you get - cheap parts = cheap products = problems....
That makes sense, and makes it easier to read between the lines of their ad. Thanks for the info:beer

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Screw any product or company that does this sort of thing.......let them China folks make more MSG or something....I just wish they would keep their greedy hands off the auto aftermarket.

Buy ONLY USA made products from American companies.....or your grand children will pay 100 fold for the few bucks you save today.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Sure the price is half but so is the quality.

Edelbrock has Americans for customer support, Americans making the parts, and Americans selling the parts.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
In my experience, you guys are correct. Casting flaws (anything from cracks to pockets of air to warped flanges), casting flashing, sand left in the casting, bad machining...the list goes on. Save your hard-earned money and put it toward something of quality.

RANT==ON
If any of you guys work in engineering or machine shop positions, you already know how bombarded the American market is becoming with Chinese products for absolutely dirt cheap. Keep in mind that not only are their products cheap, but they're basically done with slave labor in completely horrid conditions. People in China have so much air pollution now, there are days, occasionally weeks, where they don't see the sun because of the smog. This can be directly attributed to their exponentially-growing industrialization and the complete lack of health & environmental standards. Buying products such as these only reinforces the suffering of Billions.
RANT==OFF

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Yea Profesional Products have been around for years nocking off intakes from other companys.

I just hope there harmonic balancers are better than there nock off intakes.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
50Gunner said:
Edelbrock has Americans for customer support, Americans making the parts, and Americans selling the parts.
Actually tons of "Edelbrock" parts are made by another manufacturer and branded Edelbrock, but I know what you mean ;)

·
Registered
869 Posts
I bought a cheap chrome plated alternator from one of those ebay places. And it was a waste of money. Long story short, the bolt holes didn’t line up right. Spent all day with the dermal to get it to line up. Then the thing crapped out on me in a month. The only reason I bought it was because it was chrome, but you live and learn.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
If you can't afford or don't want to pay the new Edelbrock price just keep looking for used Edelbrock on ebay or corral.net. I got my Edelbrock intake for my 351 off ebay for 1/2 the price of new and it was new looking.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RLKBOB said:
If you can't afford or don't want to pay the new Edelbrock price just keep looking for used Edelbrock on ebay or corral.net. I got my Edelbrock intake for my 351 off ebay for 1/2 the price of new and it was new looking.

That's not the case at all. I saw a price that stuck out as being way less than what I'm used to seeing, and I asked a question as to why.

That's it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have one in the garage for a 5.0 that won't bolt up. I need to dremel off some flaws and it looks like we're going to oblong a hole to get it to match the lower....Its not for any of my cars, I'm just fixing it to work. I'm thinking about drilling a larger hole and sleeving it offset....but I reccomended throwing this thing away to the owner.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts