Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Bronco for my wife, and she and I will be restoring it together.
It will be a work in progress as she plans to drive it as much as possible with as little down time as I possibly have to have with it.
The 351 4bbl runs strong, and the C-6 shifts good, and MUCH to my surprise it has a 9" rear outback!!!!
This thing (for a neglected 86), is really nice, and I don' know of ANY original part we are missing.
She wants it back to it's original glory for the most part, but with little hints that it belongs to a girl.
3" Body lift with 33" BFG AT, and a new paint job is about all she wants to do to it. Of course we are gonna go through it from front to rear and make it all run and look new!!! Can't wait to get done, we've spent most of our time cleaning it and we're about to rebuild the carb so she can start driving it, just so we can identify MORE problems I'm sure, but hey that's the fun part!!!:thumbup
Here's the link
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/19122/65679

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing we came up with is the Ford ovals.
I think we are gonna paint the oval pink and then paint the "Ford" letters in Black.
calipers and coil springs; pink as well? Still thinking....
Once we got the outside cleaned up, we found that it has the factory paint in very good shape, no rust, no bondo.
The fender you see in the engine picture does need to be replaced, but that's the only dent in the whole vehicle. I would LOVE to put a 302 in this thing and take the 351W out, but my wife won't hear of it!!! She knows me too well.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Very cool! Keep us updated!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:scratchhehats off to her for steering you straight.you wouldn't gain anything from swapping in a 302.
OH NO...I meant swap out the 351W and put a 302 in HER Bronco, so I could put the 351 in mine. :goodfinge

·
Registered
843 Posts
Pink Ford emblems - that seems pretty cool actually. I don't know about the coils and whatnot though. Let me guess - she has a nail polish picked out to match, right?

There was a guy over on classicbroncos.com that built a eb for his wife - it was all pink with white trim and accents. Everything was pink - the body, the frame, I think the engine too. It might sound horrific, but it actually was very tastefully done.

He says he gets more looks and awards at shows with that then with his eb!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ongoing project.........

She and I are putting some new wheels and tires on it tonight!!!
I will have the pictures added in the morning along with some shots of her working on it!! She really has gotten into this way more than I thought she would.
This is a good thing though, as I really thought she was gonna want my 94 instead of the older 86.
As luck would have it, she thinks the 80-86 body style is the best looking they ever made, and I really love the 92-96 body style!!
I will update with more pics of us putting the grill and headlight bezels (repainted) back on over the weekend.
Thanks for the replies and interest.
Does anyone have a carb (4bbl) that they may want to trade for somthing we have? Just wondering.:popc1:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pink Ford emblems - that seems pretty cool actually. I don't know about the coils and whatnot though. Let me guess - she has a nail polish picked out to match, right?

There was a guy over on classicbroncos.com that built a eb for his wife - it was all pink with white trim and accents. Everything was pink - the body, the frame, I think the engine too. It might sound horrific, but it actually was very tastefully done.

He says he gets more looks and awards at shows with that then with his eb!
I think she does have a shade in mind, yes!! Actually she wants as little pink as possible. Her handle here is unicorn86, which the unicorn thing is an inside joke between us (clean your thoughts) and I have access to 316L polished stainless (22 guage), AND what we really want to do is have the classic "bucking Bronco" laser cut from this SS, but add a unicorn horn to the top of it's head. These would be the same size and put in the same location that the Bronco emblems would normally be placed.
What do you think?:rockon

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys.....she is everything to me and WAAAYYY better than I ever thought I would get!!!!
Of course I would give her anything she wanted (which actually she wanted an International Scout), but I brought this Bronco home to her and that's all she can think about now. She now sees the error of her ways. She actually had a Chevy Z-71 PICK-UP, and had dreams of buying and restoring a Scout before I brainwashed her into EVERYTHING Ford. We had to repair the rear diff in her Chevy twice before she agreed to sell it and I let her drive my 96 F-150, and now I don't think you could sell her anything but a Ford truck!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can't advise you on a paint scheme but tell her she can have this avatar.....as a token of our appreciation (since I'm sure most of us saw her pic).........:smokin:

Good luck

Thanks, I think she will use this instead of the one I set her up with.
She is supposed to be getting her own computer and desk at work soon and is anxious to start posting her own questions about her Bronco. She is very shy and humbled by the response you all have shown though.....:shocked

·
Registered
843 Posts
Huh, never though of altering the bucking bronco emblems...that sounds pretty sweet! :thumbup

I wonder if I can get bucking polar bears made...hmmm...

I've got two quick stories and a little advice for her:

I once dated a girl that pretty much had the same chest issues as your wife. She was a bit of a girly-girl but loved doing non-girly-girl stuff when she wanted to. Anyway, we went pistol shooting one day, and while she loved a .38 revolver, I really wanted her to try the semi-auto .45. She agreed to, but after I fired it so she could see what the recoil and noise was like.

Well, she decided to stand behind me to the left (I am right handed) and we were at an indoor range. She had decided to wear a tank top that was pretty low cut (not unlike what your wife is wearing in that pic). So, I'm there putting holes in the target, and all of a sudden I hear her yelp.

I turn around and she has her arm down in her cleavage digging like a gold miner and giving the other shooters quite the show.

Apparently, a hot shell casing bounced off the partition and landed in the "valley" and got stuck underneath her boob.

This same gf also went to college with me, and was in the shop working on a drill press. Someone snuck up behind her and scared her, and the 2x4 she was working with slipped from her hand and clipped her tit. There was a pretty nasty scar.

Bottom line: If she's going to work on the truck, buy something to hold the girls in, and don't wear anything like what she has on in the pic.

Welding in a skirt is probably a bad idea as well.

Just a little friendly advice!

Keep us posted on the progress (and have her chime in every now and then too!) Pics are wonderful! :rockon

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Dude that is AWESOME! It's always nice when the wifey gets in on stuff like this! Sounds like this bring you two closer together!!

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
On the same tangent my wife is pretty well hung too. She went with me when I went down to buy the F350 crew cab 4x4. When we went for the test drive the salesman said something about the freeway onramp being under construction but we could cruise the big commercial streets behind the dealer as they were very wide and long. So we get around the corner and I punch her up to about 70 for a minute, make a bunch of turns blah blah. My wife is in the back seat and loves the ride (cuz the road was just repaved that week and smooth as glas). An hour later we both drive off in the new truck and hit the Harbor freeway----which is made up of 96" long slabs of concrete. By the time I hit 70 my wife is bouncing around so much I thought she'd get launched thru the roof. And she has to hold her arms together under her chest to keep from getting hurt. I was laughing so hard I about crashed. but she wasn't---from then on she wouldn't do Cali freeway drives in it anymore......Lesson here? I don't know except that well endowed gals need to be careful with suspension choices?..........:toothless

Have fun

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.