Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 03 Dodge Grand caravan and im trying to install her a keyless entry system. I noticed that there is only 1 wire that locks and unlocks the doors. ONE WIRE? how do i go about hooking this damnn thing up? my bronco was easy compared to this. any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
636 Posts
'03 Caravan has everthing multiplexed. There is a body control module that controls them. I seem to remember the door latch/lock assembly having 2 connectors possibly. 1 wire for the door locked switch and 2 for the door lock itself. If you're talking about the wire on the switch, the switch doesn't handle high current. It sends a signal to the BCM. You could really screw something up trying to modify it, especially if they are aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Yeah, if I remember correctly, the newer dodge and gm stuff uses some sort of a BUS connection to all of the components in the car, and when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING. On that one wire, its all digital, and you should definitely not play with it.

And uh, you should just take back that aftermarket thing and get a factory keyless entry... it will save you a lot of trouble in the long run, and is obviously made for the car.

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still havinf problems. Went ahead and bought a new keyless entry system but here is where i get confused. Im going to put resistors and relays in for the lock and unlock. On the keyless module i have 3 wires for lock (black, green, and pink) on the unlock (white, blue, and orange) the confusing part is what are the correct wires for a one wire lock/unlock? i looked on 12volt.com and all i could come up with is shown is this pic. after seeing these pics how would i install this keyless entry system?

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the relay on the left (pin 85) says lock pulse from module (-) the relay on the right (pin 85) shows unlock pulse (-) how do you find a neagative wire on the keyless entry module? i know im going to need to resistors and to relays. im so confused.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts