Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bored and feel like whoring up some pics.

Before I actually got knee deep in this hobby, I use to hit the trails in search for herps and other wildlife (Former Zoological student, but mainly did for the outdoors), so I was always hitting the trails, just for a different persuit; was wondering if anyone ever encountered anything of the sort, or any wildlife at all?

Here's a few pics of some animals I've (Sometime's had a buddy with) found on the trail.

Caught this shot with a fly on the Horned Lizard's head.

I found this girl missing a wing back in the day, brought her home. She's the reason I became a falconer.

Here's a few animals I brought home with me from the trail. Particularly one of my specialties in the hobby/study.

And one of my cobras. Didn't find it in the field though..

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
YUCK! I can't stand snakes.

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
Cool pics, but I would think a zoology student you wouldn't remove them from their natural habitat. Did you release the bird once her wing was better?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Hey we have a little something in common, I've cut the heads off of a bunch of copperheads in Kansas! Nah, you've got some really nice pictures there, and I commend anyone who loves animals, regardless of whether I like their preference or not. Any other pics of the Falcon?

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Nice looking snakes man, the falcon is cool too. I had a kingsnake that liked making rattlesnakes her meals

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
Did you release the bird once her wing was better?
I think he said the wing was "missing". :shrug Cool pics Swampwalker

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
Was she too good of a bird to eat all at once? :toothless
I was tyring to figure that one out myself :scratchhe

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, the bird's wing is missing, there wasn't an indication that the bird has been attacked, so it's somewhat odd. I kept her, as well as a male until I moved here. I do have other pics, but they aren't on the computer, so I'll have to find my album to scan. Also, it's a red tail hawk.

Kept a few kingsnakes in my day, never had any that were interested in other snakes.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Kept a few kingsnakes in my day, never had any that were interested in other snakes.

Mine wasnt either until she got loose one day and i found her in my rattlesnakes cage and the rattler was gone, but there was a distinct lump in her body. but she ate it, she also ate the guys male that i sold her to cause he tried breeding her too soon in the year. its just funny though how Cal kings are the natural predator for rattlers

·
Registered
667 Posts
One time When i used to live way out in the country i opend up my sliding glass door to my old house and a pigme rattler crawled all the way up the side, so it fell on my shoulder. I ended up killing it.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
bullsnakes eat rattler too. I tend to play with the diamond back, and then let them go. Unless they are good size then ikill them and skin them. take the meat home and fry that bad boy like chicken. Taste good!!

I am still on the hunt for a 6 footer snake cause i want a belt and i want it LONG!!

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
nice. do you need a permit for the hot ones? i have 0.2 brazilian rainbows. great small (6ft) snakes. happy herping.

oh yeah, im dialup & not even 56k but its not that bad

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Back home, where I keep all of my animal's, I just have to have a hunting permit to keep the native rattlers. Everything else is free game, unless CITES, or some other species specific regulations apply.

Brazilians are nice, nearly picked up a pr. at the Daytona Reptile Show last August.

oh yeah, im dialup & not even 56k but its not that bad
Should I add more pics?:thumbup

1 - 19 of 19 Posts