Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everybody. My '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 5.2 V-8 just blew the trans. A friend has a cherry '94 Bronco with the 302" V-8 for sale. On one website it says the '94 302" only has about 200 hp stock. My Jeep was working pretty hard to get my 3500 lb. boat & trailer up to 70 mph and it had 220 hp. If the Bronco has a stock motor, will it pull that kind of weight OK? If not, about how expensive is it to add performance to the 302" so it would pull OK? Thanks! Sorry about the double post, but I wanted e-mail notification...

·
Try it now!!
9,115 Posts
Dont get a Bronco if you wanna tow. It will do it, but it will not be fun on a regular basis.

I've towed 6000-7000 pounds with my Bronco...and it towed it ok...but I wouldnt wanna do it everyday. 3500 would be pusing it on a regular basis, but it will do it.

IF you get a 302, the best mod you can do is regear so it will spin the motor faster. The 302 loves to rev, and makes alot of power higher in the powerband. Unfortunately from the factory its geared like a big block...and it doesnt make much power down low.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Dont get a Bronco if you wanna tow. It will do it, but it will not be fun on a regular basis.

I've towed 6000-7000 pounds with my Bronco...and it towed it ok...but I wouldnt wanna do it everyday. 3500 would be pusing it on a regular basis, but it will do it.

IF you get a 302, the best mod you can do is regear so it will spin the motor faster. The 302 loves to rev, and makes alot of power higher in the powerband. Unfortunately from the factory its geared like a big block...and it doesnt make much power down low.
:stupid

They pull good up in the higher rpms. If its cheap it will work, but the short wheelbase is against you for towing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts