Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I found a 72 ford truck that needs a motor/trans and wondering if my 78 bronco parts will fit it. The bronco was scwhashed by a big oak tree in a storm. still crying about that...:cry

Anyway after talking to my dad, he mentioned trying to find a good body/frame that needs motor/trans/ect to swap in. So what years of ford trucks will work with the bronco parts and does it have to be a 4x4 truck or can it be 2WD?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
The 72 would have had an FE drivetrain...but it will physically fit. I'm not familiar with the swap, but I'd imagine new motor mounts would be a must and you might have some cross member issues.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, that's the kind of info I was looking for. what years had the 351M engines and body panels/frames that match the 78 bronco. Should I be looking for a 4x4 truck or does it matter?
thx!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
thanks, that's the kind of info I was looking for. what years had the 351M engines and body panels/frames that match the 78 bronco. Should I be looking for a 4x4 truck or does it matter?
thx!

351M/400 would have been in a 77, 78 or 79 of the dentside era. As for looking for a 4by truck, I don't think I'd limit it to that...but it would make it a bit more of a direct bolt in.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
we did a body swap with a 70 f100 2x4 onto a 76 f150 4x4 frame it fit perfect!

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
we did a body swap with a 70 f100 2x4 onto a 76 f150 4x4 frame it fit perfect!
:stupid

You should go that route.. It'll be pretty trick..

However since I'm 1/2 through of a similar project. (69 body on a 87 bronco frame) I'll call ya a copy cat but still give ya mad props. :thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts