Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bracket situation appears to be ideal for the 460 and a few other engine.

I'm currently stuck with a 360/390 block and I can't seem to pull up any information about E- series vans that came with stock 360/390s.

Does anyone have any information about sag swaps with this block or do I have to suffer until I luck out with a 460?

Will, you seem to have a lot of info on the Sag.

Thanks.

·
Try it now!!
9,119 Posts
Hmm...Unfortunately I'm somewhat confused. I "specialize" in fuel injected stuff, small block 302/351 and 460 only.

If you are lookin for a E series van with a 360/390 engine, good luck. I havent seen one that I know of. Realize that the bolt pattern for my 89 was "late model" EFI and anything that looked older than 86/87 I didnt give a second look.

If you have the stock pump on your 360/390 motor now, and are in the market for a motor swap, it opens a whole can of worms. I dont know if the bolt pattern for the PS bracket between carb and EFI is different.

It seems kind of silly to do a motor swap just to get a Sag pump so Im hoping you'll just stick with what you got if you cant find suitable parts.

But seriously, they are awesome :)
-Will

·
Registered
728 Posts
What year 460? I had a helluva time finding the bracket, and ended up having it custom made since I couldnt find it. Start lookin now for the van AC/PS bracket, maybe you'll find one by the time you drop the motor in haha.

Good luck, let me know what you find for the 360/390 motor.

This is Will btw at Kaudbrons house.

-Will

1 - 4 of 4 Posts