Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and if i ever find anything on the interchangeability of 80's and 90's bumpers ya'll can have the questions answered.

I have a nice font winch bumper I scored for 10 bucks and I'm looking to find out how much fab work I'll need to do to get it on my 95' XLT

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Mounts are completely different. You can make it work but it probably won't fit the shape of the body

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what i was wondering, about the mounts that is. The bumper wasn't really shaped to the 81 so i wasn't really worried about that. It's a heavy one and i couldn't really hold it up there while trying to get an ida of how to mock up the mounts. I was trying to use my floor jack, off balance though, I'll keep working on it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can weld, you can make it work.
Just so happens i can and have the means to do so. :thumbup

Any ideas at what i'm looking at work wise? I have been searching the FSB archives trying to find pictures of the different mounting systems but as of yet have had no luck, just a lot of posts about bumpers... uhg...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just a bit of advise, big heavy bumper, you crawling under to take measurements and weld up brackets= pain. I like to use my engine hoist to lift the bumper but a chain hoist or come-a-long will work if you have something to hang them from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts