Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will F150 shorties work? Or do they need to be 250? Or do they need to be "equal length headers to fit with bsni's Y-pipe or the stock Y- Pipe? Disclaimer:I have seriously been in the exhaust search function for about an hour with no result.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SORRY... ITS A 95 302. AND WHICH WILL FIT WITH BASSANI'S Y? DONT EVEN HAVE THE VEHICLE YET.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
lt jake said:
SORRY... ITS A 95 302. AND WHICH WILL FIT WITH BASSANI'S Y? DONT EVEN HAVE THE VEHICLE YET.
1. DONT YELL!!!

2. Welcome to FSB :beer

3. Does your bronco have air in head or air in manifold?
(is there a lot af small pipes going in the exhaust manifolds)

As long as you dont have air in manifold almost any shorty header designed for a Bronco/F-150 with a 302 from 1986 to 96 will fit with any direct replacement "Y" pipe (like Bassani's)

Have you looked up headers at SummitRacing yet?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Caps Lock was not intentional. Its just less keys to hold down. I tend to force things too...I haven't even seen the vehicle yet. Yeah...I have been all over summit/jegs/frpp/all the big ones. I practically sent their kids through college. So I guess I have to look at this thing now. What other considerations w/in the exhaust realm should I look for while I'm under there. One more Q: When did ford start the OBD II Standards with the Bronco? What year? I'd rather buy a 95/96 if they were all OBD II rather than buy a new programmer.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
I know my friends 95 is ODB-II. I'm pretty sure they started in 95.. Maybe 94.. But Gak and Steve know more then I.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Acording to http://www.off-road.com/ford/bigbroncos/faq.html#1995
1996: last year for the Bronco, debutted OBD-II electronics. Side mirrors with integral signal lights were offered for the first time. 302 CID and 351 CID HO MPI motors were still offered. The axles were still the 8.8 inch out back offered in 1983 and Dana 44 TTB front that started in 1980. All V8's got MAF as well.
Acording to this 96 was the first and last year of the OBD-II Bronco.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i have a 95 w/ a 302 and i went down this road recently. i put in the bassani race y and pacesetter shorties. my opinion of the pacesetters was extremely low, based largely on fit at the heads and at the pipe. they leaked so bad that i put the stock manifolds back on; they leak too, but not as bad and i got the bassani rings which help a bit. i am currently saving up my lunch money to get a set of bassani headers when the weather turns.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
The 95's do not have OBD-II, mine was made in november and has OBD-I. Unless some certain plants built them...I'm almost 100% certain only 96's had it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Bassani Headers

I have a set of Bassani equal length headers on my 302. I am going to be putting it back to stock in anyone wants to buy the headers. They were like 350$ new. I need to have a set of stock manifolds before I can sell these though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts