Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a particular choice on what type of winch either brand or worth buying based on durability. Also which manufacturer has a lifetime warranty in case something happens to go out...let me know thinking of buying a WARN 9.5ti

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I love my Warn XD9000i. I recently hung the radius arm drop brackets on a rock,hooked up the winch, and when I tightened it up I pulled the back tires about 3 feet off the ground!!
Slim

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Warn answer is too generic, for what he's looking for.

You need to decide which winch will work best for you. Ask some wheeling buddies what they use, and why. A faster wich might be better for you, than a heavier duty, and slower winch. Does everyone there use planetary geared winches, or worm geared. Ask them why. Perhaps a hydraulic winch is used because alot of you get stuck in deep mud or water... but they're pretty damn slow, even the two speeds.

Some time ago, I was all for a hydraulic winch, and had plans for a higher output pump, than the saginaw(which is recommended, anything else, and the winch gets even slower). Since then, I've been reading more about 24V winches, and I think that's the plan for me. Twice as many volts required (so you'll need the dual battery setup, wired in series instead of parallel for the 12V's, for this), but half as many amps required. Line speed is also a bit faster... on average, about 40% faster, than on 12V winches

SO, it's more involved than jsut asking what winch you should get... you're going to get as many different answers, as there are winches available

·
Banned
38,676 Posts
Slim Carter said:
I love my Warn XD9000i...
I hate my Warn XD9000i - I've stalled it in mud so soft I sank 2" just walking on it (but not wet enough for suction) and it's a BOTTOM-MOUNT winch, which is inherently weaker than a front-mount. :banghead I'm looking for a Ramsey RE12,000RX! :thumbup

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
I love the Warn 8274 I have on my truck. I've heard the "it's only an 8000lb winch" argument, but it's never let me down, or the people I've had to winch out. Besides, it's a good luck charm, since it's been on the truck, I haven't been stuck once. :thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts