Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 89 model. I've been looking off and on for a chrome front bumper winch mount. I haven't found anything I like. I would like a brushgaurd combo, but haven't seen anything other than the Ebay $100 stuff that I know is Not what I'm looking for. Any ideas on where to find such a thing?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just wanted chrome because I have chrome nerf bars and other minor things. I don't really need the strongest thing out there. My Bronco is a weekender ride only...I just want a winch just in case. I have used the come-along winch more times than I want and I'm sick and tired of it. I've got a Warn on my 73 CJ5 and it makes it sooo much easier....

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Steve83 said:
Remember that the chroming process makes the underlying steel more brittle, & therefore weaker. Better to get it powdercoated chrome if you just have to have shiny stuff.
IMO if your looking for a chrome winch bumper, it should be plenty strong for the 3 or 4 times you're goin' to use the winch.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
dogonmut said:
IMO if your looking for a chrome winch bumper, it should be plenty strong for the 3 or 4 times you're goin' to use the winch.
Nothing like a mall crawler with a nice winch :thumbup

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Gacknar said:
I love Chrome :thumbup
Only when it's covered in mud, that really adds to the bling factor

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not a mall crawler...I just prefer the Jeep in the woods. Bronco is too big for the small trails and a ton heavier!
Winch is insurance "just in case..." I live in FL and don't have to rock piles to climb or big areas to ride!

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
did you search JBG? they have some, i think theyre painted black, or they just leve them bare metal. you could take it somewhere and get it chromed... i wouldnt get it chromed if youre gonna get it scratched... gonna look like sheet after a while. winch= scratching...
ace

·
Registered
133 Posts
SOmeone on here had a great write up on how to put a winch behind the stock "chrome bumper" with a mounting bracket to the frame. Looked pretty stock and was pretty functional from what everyone had said.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,447 Posts
Does anyone have a link to that write up? I have been thinking about doing that for awhile now

1 - 15 of 15 Posts