Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking for a winch for my Hefty Fabworks bumper and one to replace my old one on my Dodge. I'm feeling a warn mostly because of the limited Lifetime warranty. I've been looking at the M8000 and M9000 and M9000I and the Smittybilt XRC 12 (which now that I look at it has the same limited lifetime warranty as a warn)...

Apparently Warn has a lifetime Mechanical and 1 year electrical warranty, but I am reading smittybilt does too. Anyways Any input, experiences, other recommendations?

A question I have about the M8000 is that there are 2 different 12V part numbers with one being more expensive than the other. and the only difference I'm noticing is the more expensive of the 2 has less cable and weighs less. Can anybody fill me in, as to why the difference in price?

WAR26502 - Cheaper

WAR20910 - more expensive

Now for the 9000 I was looking at the detached solenoid and attached. What are some pros and cons about the two?

XD9000

XD9000i

And then the Smittybilts. I came across 4wheelcustoms prices on them doing a winch search on the forums.

XRC 12k -$534

XRC 10k w/ compressor - $574

Anybody have any opinions/experience with winches w/ compressors?

Now I have seen the numbers where winches pull less after each layer and that Warn has some of the best numbers out there. But for the price and the same warranty, I could just get a 12K smitty XRC for cheaper and have (I'm assuming) higher or at least similar pull by layer numbers than the more expensive warn 8000/9000. Is there a hole in my theory?

Oh and I'm not particularly worried about line speed.

And I don't plan on buying from 4wheel parts, I just like their user friendly site and used it to compare specs. Which reminds me, any recommendations on where to buy?

Let me know guys, thanks!

·
Registered
710 Posts
save your money and buy a T-max!!! I live over by tellico OHV and when I bought my winch I went around to all the 4x4 shops around here, they all told me to save my money and buy the T-max. I bought it and am so glad I did.

I originally bought it for my car trailer, I had to move 25 1959 pontiacs from where they were in georgia to my place in N.C., yep you read that right 25. About half were station wagons and they had all been in the same pasture for many many years, they were stuck worse than any 4x4 could ever be stuck that I assure you. The winch did great, it would not pull some of the cars out of their spots, instead it pulled my 4 door powerstroke and trailer backwards... to remedy that, we chained another truck to the front of the powerstroke, still pulled all 3 backwards. tied it all to a tree, pulled all 3 backwards (on dry ground) then broke the huge rope going to the tree.

anyhow it took a dozer to get a couple of those cars out, but the winch would pull anything I hooked to it. I moved all 25 of those pontiacs, plus a whole bunch of other cars before I mounted it on a reece hitch and put it on my bronco. I've had it since 2006 and it's never let me down, I'd be willing to bet it's been used much more than any winch on your average 4x4.

My only complaint is that it's got too much line on it (90ft), which isn't terrible. I got it out of either JEGS or SUMMIT and they even gave me free next day shipping. Got the whole shebang for $600 bucks (the 10k unit), I think they've gone up a little in price since then, but not much.

anyhow, all the guys at the 4x4 customization shops said that warn had gone to crap lately (this coming from 3 different shops) and all 3 highly recommended this new company out of australia. I'm glad they did. It has been worked very hard, I've put some grease in the gearbox and had to tighten a couple of bolts, but other than that I haven't touched it other than while using it. It has been a great winch so I figured I'd try to help them out some... Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed. Plus it's about half of what a warn, milemarker, superwinch would cost...

·
Registered
271 Posts
smittybuilt

·
Registered
55 Posts
i like the warn they have the name to stand behind and the warrenty i have a m8000 on my f150 i wish i had one just a lil stronger but with a snatch block it dose just fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts