Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK its time for me to start looking for a Winch once i get my new bumper built. I have some people telling me Warn is the best, some people say superwinch some Ramsey etc etc etc. I need to know some opions from people who have expirence before I buy. thanks again everyone

·
Engineer
13,167 Posts
I've always wanted a warn. I almost always read good things about them but I've yet to foot the bill for a winch so I have no personal experience. There's a ton of info already here about winches but a couple guys might pitch in some personal experiences

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've always wanted a warn, however my budget says no warn or Ramsey.
I bought a 9000 LBS winch from Harbor Freight tools, I also got a two year warranty all total $395.00 give or take a buck.
I was very skeptical about this winch afterall I've always thought harbor freight tools were just cheap knockoffs.
I can say from experience for the past year or more I have used this winch to pull old cars that have set in the dirt for years, not to mention the day I got my 1 ton truck and car hauler stuck axel deep and pulled my self out truck/trailer at the same time.. I'm not saying this is what you should buy I'm just saying I've had very good luck with this winch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm a member on some other 4x4 forums and the general consensus is that ramsey's are ok but they have weak points, warn is the favorite among the wheelers on the boards i visit, milemarker hydraulics are good but slow, milemarker electrics are decent but there have been several complaints about the clutch lever, and not much has been said about the superwinch. I run a Warn HS9500i on my ram and its been a dandy. I've never had it overheat or stall out. If I feel like it might be a heavy pull then I use a snatch block and it'll pull it out without much strain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts