Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my good friends got his Jeep stuck in a field a couple weeks ago, with the snow pack increasing as it has been--it was time to pull it out before it got worse.

The road to his house:

The Jeep:

My attempt at getting stuck so I could anchor better in the snow

Close up of the Jeep

I need to remove that logo from my window--forgive me. Second attempt at anchoring--it worked.

She's coming

Almost there:

Kaching!!

A pic of me for the enjoyment of the ladies on the board and Mike2.:toothless

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Whats with the paper on the front of your truck? is that so the radiator wont get too cold?

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats with the paper on the front of your truck? is that so the radiator wont get too cold?

It's not paper, its vinyl? I think. It snaps in place, I put it on every winter so my Bronco actually warms up.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
It's not paper, its vinyl? I think. It snaps in place, I put it on every winter so my Bronco actually warms up.
okay cool, i did not know that.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He got it stuck about 3-4 weeks ago. At the UFC fight last night he was expressing concern about the new soft top. I told him I'd help him out.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Now you need to get the "Official jeep recovery team" sticker.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
As deep as the snow was I'd have been tempted to run a snatch block and minimize the abuse on the winch. Nice job

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i wish i had that problem instead of being perpetually on the edge of overheating
My situation is very frustrating in the winter. In the summer however, it's nice knowing my Bronco will never overheat. Electrics fans will be installed soon, that will help a lot during the cold season.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As deep as the snow was I'd have been tempted to run a snatch block and minimize the abuse on the winch. Nice job

MileMarker Hydraulic, it's friggen bulletproof. I toyed with the idea of a snatch block, decided against it.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Sweet pics...i can't believe that guy just left his jeep out there for that long. I would be terrified of vandalism.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet pics...i can't believe that guy just left his jeep out there for that long. I would be terrified of vandalism.
It was 15 miles north of town on private property, vandalism wasn't an issue. He was prepared to leave it until spring, which isn't right, even for a Jeep.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
It was 15 miles north of town on private property, vandalism wasn't an issue. He was prepared to leave it until spring, which isn't right, even for a Jeep.
Ah, not sure if you posted that before or not...didn't read. My bad.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
My situation is very frustrating in the winter. In the summer however, it's nice knowing my Bronco will never overheat. Electrics fans will be installed soon, that will help a lot during the cold season.
i need to get a fan but the ones i've seen are so friggin expensive for what they are:banghead i did take one out of the bronco when i noticed it there but it was long dead

1 - 20 of 23 Posts