55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please tell me where I can buy Wind shield wipers for my
1995 FSB.
Thank you all.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Costco, Amazon, K-mart, Walmart, Napa, Autozone, some gas stations. Any parts store or Fred Mayer area specific.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Mojo.
I had no idea that I could buy wipers for my bronco just about anywhere.
Thought the had to fit a 1995.
A dumb noob question.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had no idea that I could buy wipers for my bronco just about anywhere.
Thought the had to fit a 1995.
A dumb noob question.
Yeah, they are universal. Just get the right length. I never mess with refills and get the whole blade and snap them on the arms.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like everyone else said, you can get them almost anywhere. I just had to get some for my '87 and the book didn't have cars that old, but they were able to look it up for me behind the counter. 18".

·
Super Moderator
23,327 Posts
Yo 4Ruf,
As advised.
Defective Parts Listing @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/threads/defective-parts-listing.184839/
Why did I leave ANCO brand? WHY???? WHY???
Because the locals (within 20 miles) didn't carry it anymore and I got lazed out...
NAPA Storm Vision WS Blade Review; "...; made in China. At $1.00, I bit and got bitten back BADLY. yeah.. It did not hook onto to the arm's Hook-slot CONNECTOR because it is too Wide (see Review below by DVE); this is why NAPA is selling 3 blades w/refill for a price cheaper than a Texas Made Trico brand REFILL..."
Source: by miesk5 at FSB
ANCO...refills... not even close now. They used to fit perfectly... now it's more garbage from China. Adv Auto Parts Manager said none of the Chinese crap fits and walked over and gave me the Rain X Blades for free because it was snowing and he was p***ed because he saw me outside trying to get the ANCOs on. The blades lasted for 18 months.

Mudman 78 wrote, "
Been running ANCO winter blades for years. The blade rubber is so thick I can get almost two years out of the blades before they start streaking and need to be replaced. Regular ANCO's......six months.
For whatever reason, Walmart and everyone for that matter, stopped carrying them. Every time I went to a different state, I would check Walmart's clearance section and a couple times i got lucky, but my stock didn't last long. I switched to NAPA winter blades. They cost more and I only got a little less than a year out of them.
Finally, the othert day, I noticed Walmart started carrying the ANCO winter blades again, so I stocked up for all the vehicles (didn't care how much they cost). They fit with no problems at all. I just went and checked the packaging after reading the first post and they're made in Mexico, which I'm now considering the new USA, since we don't manufacture anything anymore. Everything I have that's made in Mexico (auto parts, power tools, etc.) are a thousand times better quality than any Chinese crap out there.
I've always been a "Made in USA" guy, but since that label is more scarce that Bigfoot these days.........VIVA LA MEXICO!!! :toothless"

Tip, while hand washing our 96, we clean blades and arms then we use alcohol pads to clean blades of grime, sap and droppings.

Ford states, "

Windshield Wiper Blades
CAUTION: Do not allow windshield wiper blade refills (17593) to come in contact with oil, gasoline, kerosene, paint thinner or similar solvents. The windshield wiper blade refills are damaged by these solvents and must be replaced.

To maintain maximum wiper effectiveness the windshield and windshield wiper blades (17528) must be kept clean. Foreign matter on the windshield or windshield wiper blades may cause streaking, chattering or smearing. If blades do not clean properly, wash the windshield wiper blades with a clean towel and complete windshield area with undiluted Ford Ultra-Clear Windshield Washer Concentrate C9AZ-19550-AA or BA or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESR-M17P5-A. Wash thoroughly and repetitively until all the foreign matter and contamination is removed. Rinse with water while rubbing with a clean cloth. Lift the windshield wiper blades off the windshield to clean them.

If streaking, chattering or smearing persists, repeat the above procedure.

Replacement intervals for windshield wiper blades will vary with the amount of use, type of weather, chemical reaction from road tars or salts and the age of windshield wiper blades. Make sure the windshield glass surface is not contaminated with oil, car wash "hot wax," tree sap or other substances which cannot be easily rubbed off.

Generally, if the wiper pattern across the glass is uneven and streaks over clean glass, the windshield wiper blades should be cleaned.

If cracks, significant wear or breaks are found in the rubber, replace windshield wiper blade refills."

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for helping me out with wiper blades.
Very nice to not get flamed on the forum.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The 1994 may be a weird year.
None of the 1994 wipers fit my 1994.
I ended up having to use wipers for a 1995.
I guess they're different and late '94 was when the change was made.

So, hopefully the '95 wipers will fit your '95.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Little tidbit, for those with older Broncos that have the peg windshield wiper arms, they can be replaced with the j-hook wiper arms from the later models to allow for an "easier" and imo more secure hold on the wiper. I bought a set off Amazon I believe and had them replaced in 20 minutes or so.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Get 18" Rain-X Beam Blade wipers; Latitude 2 in 1 Repellency or any Beam blade they sell. They sell a Silicone Beam blade also but again they sell many different Beam Blades. Also get a gallon of Rain-X 2 in 1 Repellant windshield washer fluid. I usually get it all at WallyWorld, sometimes they have the blades on clearance, but the washer fluid is always about $2.98 in my area. With the washer fluid and the Latitude blades I hardly ever use my wipers when I'm on the Highway, the water just beads up and blows off. I also wipe down all my windows with the Rain-X washer fluid not just the front, keeps them clean and clear. Try it you'll like it FOR SURE!
Just my 2 Cents!!!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I love rain x products but don't like the warning with some of their products and it's negative impact on some paint jobs and glass.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I love rain x products but don't like the warning with some of their products and it's negative impact on some paint jobs and glass.
I don't know much about their other products, I just know their wipers and windshield washer fluid works for me. No more sheet of water on the windshield BLURRING my vision, with or without the wipers on. So far my paint has been fine and I clean all my windows with it inside and out. No more Windex or Whatevahhh.

·
Registered
423 Posts
@Stevo440 what kind of life are you getting out of your Rain-X blades?

Put a pair on last fall and they worked well for about 9 months before one blade split its entire length.

·
Super Moderator
23,327 Posts
I don't know much about their other products, I just know their wipers and windshield washer fluid works for me. No more sheet of water on the windshield BLURRING my vision, with or without the wipers on. So far my paint has been fine and I clean all my windows with it inside and out. No more Windex or Whatevahhh.
Yo Stevo,
I agree. I have those Rain X Blades on the 96 Bronco! I use rubbing alcohol wipes to clean edges and glass to remove contaminants such as tree sap, road oil, car that can't be easily washed off. I am obsessive about having clean WS and good wiper/wash sys.They last up to 3 years.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts