Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
@Stevo440 what kind of life are you getting out of your Rain-X blades?

Put a pair on last fall and they worked well for about 9 months before one blade split its entire length.
I don't have my log book in hand at the moment but I think they last me 3 or 4 years. I clean them regularly to remove any built up dirt/crud.

I just recently saw a YouTube guy do a test on a lot of wiper blades and the Rain-X came in No. 2 behind a very expensive blade. The Beam blades performed the best in "His" testing, as the water didn't go over or through the Blade/structure, making for a clearer View.
Here is the Link:
https://youtu.be/-jQs3OI6Gvo

·
I ♥ TTB
4,197 Posts
I run Valeo blades on all my stuff (they manufacture the Rain-x blades) I've had great life out of them, run about $16/blade at Batteries+Bulbs if you've got one around, for the west coasters most of the Les Scwab stores also carry the Valeo

·
Registered
78 Posts
I buy mine from Rockauto.com. They almost always have cheap closeouts that are much more affordable than what you pay in regular chain stores. The last few sets I bought were old Ford Motorsport wipers for $1.00/ea! and they work just fine.

·
Eric
2,451 Posts
Just as a note for those in high-heat areas of the country:

Bosch makes a blade that has an "airfoil" design to utilize the air flowing over the windshield to "press" the blade into the windshield, while driving, to provide a more even contact patch and greater efficiency. Blah, blah, blah...

A side benefit to this plastic/nylon "airfoil" is the fact that it's slightly over-sized and acts as a sun shade for the rubber wiper blade. This helps protect it from UV and sun damage and helps it last longer. This way, when you only see rain a few times a year, the wipers don't just crumble when you turn them on after sitting stagnant for 7 months. I have a set going on 4 years old living under the Phoenix sun.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I havent had any luck with the rainx beam blades, they miss a patch about 10” in dimeter on the drivers side. I run bosch icons and they work great, ive also used the michelin blades at walmart and they are decent as well. Anymore your doing good if you can get 6 months out of a set. The sun is what damages them, over time the rubber hardens on the blade edge which causes them to streak and skip

·
Registered
647 Posts
I havent had any luck with the rainx beam blades, they miss a patch about 10” in dimeter on the drivers side. I run bosch icons and they work great, ive also used the michelin blades at walmart and they are decent as well. Anymore your doing good if you can get 6 months out of a set. The sun is what damages them, over time the rubber hardens on the blade edge which causes them to streak and skip
Maybe your arm springs are shot and not exerting enough pressure on the blades, but if other blades work for you then you're all set.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts