Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys (and gals) first off, thanks for all the help recntly! Secont, I've recently had problems with my passenger side window. :banghead Here is what i know: it is in the up position, the batt. voltage on the dash drops when i press the down button, and you cannot hear the motor turn when you lean your head against the door. I explained this to my auto tech teacher and he suggested it was possibly a bad motor, or the window its self is jamed. One of my peers suggested it may be a bad ground, but I know it is not the switch... so any helpful pointers guys? I'd really love to enjoy the last few nice days we have with the windows down! Thanks, 89'FSB

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Bad motor or a bad wiring to the motor, if the gear was bad, you should still hear/feel the motor run. I believe the rear window motor and the side window motors are the same but I could be wrong. This is why I like Armstrong window motors.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think your auto tech teacher was trying to send you to the start point for test. Get access to the motor by removing your door panel, and try sending power directly to the motor... see if it works. If it does, troubleshoot your way back.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think your auto tech teacher was trying to send you to the start point for test.
Thanks, I'll start running some tests. If its a bad motor, I have a set of doors im gonna chop for wheelin, so I'll rob a motor from there :thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
The bushing is bad, you can buy the bushing set for ~$10 or just use 6 7/16" nuts.

The window motor is working, or getting power to itself that why your volt gauge is moving, it's just the wm is jammed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts