Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read all the posts, so I know what to check. I had the door panel off, but stopped there. How do you get the motor out? The hanes manual doesn't say anything about it. On my Chevy truck, it is pretty complicated. I'm not much of a mechanic, yet.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
There should be 3 bolts holding it on. Look close on the door skin there should be indentations in the metal where you will need to drill holes with a 1/2 inch drill bit. once you drill these holes remove each bolt with a socket and the motor comes right out. You'll probably have to cut the wires and splice the new one on so cut em close to the motor so you have plenty of extra.

·
Registered
463 Posts
when i replaced all mine in the 89; the motor had harness that you have to disconect.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Success!

I got the motor out and dissambled. The bushings were in pieces. The hardest thing about the job was getting the new bushings in place around the center piece, it was a tight fit. Cheapest motor was $ 69, so I paid $25 for the rebuild kit (really overpriced) and only one Auto Parts store had it. :chili:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts