Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen
I recently purchased a 88 bronco and would like to replace the pass side window motor. The window is stuck in the down position and I have the new motor. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I have been stuck on duty with the FD for 48 days due to the Cali fires and need to get this fixed so I can enjoy my upcoming days off.
Thanks Rich

·
Registered
42 Posts
That link provided is a damn good start. I replaced mine in my 91 and it took all of about 15 minutes. I pulled my window up and had a friend hold it in position real quick while I undid the connections for the harness and unbolted it from the stock internals for the window. Bolted the new motor in and hooked he up and it was all said and done. I didnt know a power window could move up that fast...I think the motor I got was turbo charged or something! Hope this and the other posts help. Good luck.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,957 Posts
is the motor bad or are the bushings inside bad and needing replaced? I had a problem on my 88 just like your having. i could hear the motor trying to work but wouldnt move the window. i got some of those Teflon bushings off ebay and installed those into the motor and greased it all up and worked perfect. i think i payed $5 total.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Maybe not helpful, but I replaced both bad electric window setups in my 88 with manual. Drill/grind out the rivets holding the works to the door, and replace with manual stuff- need to cut a hole in the door panel for the window crank handle. Never have electric window problems again(except for the rear window)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.