Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the power driver side window on my 94 bronco can't work its way rolling up anymore, but it tries. will still roll down, but not up.

do i need to replace the regulator or the motor or both? not sure how hard it is to disassemble either. any help???

im sure its a common problem on older broncos eventually.

thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me not long ago. You'll have to remove the door panel. On mine I had to drill 1 or 2 (don't remember?) holes in the door itself to get to some of the bolts that hold the motor and regulator in. It may not be the motor or regulator, it could be the plastic gear on the motor has stripper. You should check that first before getting any parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Remove the motor from the regulator and take the gear off the motor, there is 3 plastic/rubber plugs that are probably chewed up. You can find them at the parts store for cheap, my window was doing the same exact thing and that was all it was, works great now.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've had this problem on 2 different Ford vehicles. I replaced the plastic gear and the plastic rollers and now they work fine. Its a pretty easy fix once he motor is out.

Joe

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
after further researching the site, good chance i need to replace those 3 torque pins that could be shot to pieces.. gonna see if i can hunt them down... guess i will attempt to get that motor out of the door in the morning... must start there to diagnose the problemo.... thanks guys.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was the plastic torque pins inside the motor.... all that was left of them was pebbles... anyways, it was an fairly easy job thanks to the posts and info on this forum.. thanks guys. total time to remove motor and replace and reinstall took less than an hour.

all you need is drill and drill bits to make two holes to access the motor bolts behind the door metal, 5/16" bit and an extension, and a phillips screwdriver to open up the casing on the motor (one screw, and bend back corners of case face to remove). then all thats left is remove the snap ring to drop the gear out, inspect the gears and shaft for wear(mine were just fine), clean, grease and put the new torque pins in (which was actually the hardest part of the job, getting them to sit to push gear down, just do it slowly and youll be fine, you might drop one out once or twice like i did!), re-assemble the motor and put back in.... use magnetic bits if you have them, if you drop a screw or bit inside the door once the motor is back in, its hard to reach down and pick them up unless you got long skinny arms... dont forget to plug the motor back in and then test the window.....

i took some photos of the job if anyone needs them..

finally, i can roll my window back up without using my hands to push the glass up! no more finger prints and no more reaching down the inside of the door to pull the window back up if you happen to roll it all the way down!!!

thanks guys.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nice. I need to get on this, same exact thing going on. Smudged up DS window, and a pair of needle-noses, just in case.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts