Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one here test the new m$ windows? vista??

Im testing it out right now, its pretty cool, cant wait till its release in july of 06 in theroy

And in case no one knows what it loos like here ya go.

Clicky

they are all scrn shots of my current install

·
Registered
538 Posts
Do you have to pay for it?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the cool thing about m$

is that when its in beta they dont mind about it being freely distrubited as it allows a larger veiw of input from the end users, and i didnt pay for it,

but when it goes final then they crack down like a mofo

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Looks cool!

·
Registered
506 Posts
hey dude can you send me the link to the vista download, I cannot find it.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
that looks really nice....too bad i wont have it for a long time...XP is expensive enough. and ive had to get like 3 copys of it.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I run vista XP version 3. I have been for a while.

Anyways, Vista is illegal. Windows cracked down on it because it was so popular so they put a stop to it.

Edit: after looking at your desktop it appears that WINDOWS is creating this. Wow. Thats a bummer in a way. They completely stole a guy's idea and just ripped it pretty much graphic for graphic except for a few things. Sad thing is, I doubt the guy who created it got anything from it except a slap on the hand for making a popular skin for windows.

What I am using is the original skin made be the creator before microsoft jacked it and made it theirs.

PS: They couldnt even get creative so they kept the same name too. Lame.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
looks good, but looks like alot of pretty stuff like in XP. Am i the only one that turned all that smoothing of icons and bs off? IT seems like it is the first thing i do when i install XP is to check the box for best performance

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
LMAO, they just shot themselves in the foot. That looks a lot like linux. The only thing keeping a lot of people away from linux is that it doesn't look like windows... Take a KDE system and change a few preferences and it would look a lot like vista... "oops"

Edit: http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/showmedia.php?id=281983
What is the "Additional Options" icon? IS that the KDE cog???
Vista isn't based on linux is it??? 'cause *that* would be shooting one's self in the foot...

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
KDE fawkin rocks. I plan on dual booting Linux as soon as I get MY computer operational again (I've been using the roommates computer because mine is down, and because we only have room for one computer in our room with our setup).

I don't plan on moving to anything new for a while. My corp version of Xp suits me fine ;).

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Ubermich said:
LMAO, they just shot themselves in the foot. That looks a lot like linux. The only thing keeping a lot of people away from linux is that it doesn't look like windows... Take a KDE system and change a few preferences and it would look a lot like vista... "oops"

Edit: http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/showmedia.php?id=281983
What is the "Additional Options" icon? IS that the KDE cog???
Vista isn't based on linux is it??? 'cause *that* would be shooting one's self in the foot...
:stupid EXACTLY what I was thinking.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Marauder said:
I run vista XP version 3. I have been for a while.

Anyways, Vista is illegal. Windows cracked down on it because it was so popular so they put a stop to it.

Edit: after looking at your desktop it appears that WINDOWS is creating this. Wow. Thats a bummer in a way. They completely stole a guy's idea and just ripped it pretty much graphic for graphic except for a few things. Sad thing is, I doubt the guy who created it got anything from it except a slap on the hand for making a popular skin for windows.

What I am using is the original skin made be the creator before microsoft jacked it and made it theirs.

PS: They couldnt even get creative so they kept the same name too. Lame.
Eh, vista's GUI has been set for quite some time now. The skin maker got all his sources through the actual OS itself. Vista has also had it's name for quite a while. His skin was intended to create the "vista feel" and, although I do not agree with Microsoft for cracking down on him, it was their design and name. Just a heads up.

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
has anyone found a copy of vista that u dont have to have a dvd drive to install? like a cd version with multiple cd's? or one that install from the harddrive?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
eh i just extracted all the files from the iso file to a folder on the drive and went that way

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
amw_drizz said:
eh i just extracted all the files from the iso file to a folder on the drive and went that way
ive done that before, and it messed up in installation, maybe i had a bad copy, ill download it and try it again, cause ive been wanting vista

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
course i use alcohol 120 to mount the img on a virtual drive then copy the contents that way

1 - 17 of 17 Posts