Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to head to WR the weekend of April 18 & 19.

Anyone interested, let's meet at the country store at 8:00 am.

I will stay around to camp with those that come from out of the area. Gonna need your bigboy pants for this place guys.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
From the pictures I've seen Windrock is no joke. 40+" tires and 1 tons at least for most of if.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This would be a good event to see if your 4wd works okay. Clean the dust off of the selector.
Let's get those mall trucks a little dirty ladies.

Everyone should bring a lunch for the trails and I am gonna bring my campfire grill for burgers and hot dogs at the camp. Who is going to come meet, greet and ride for the weekend on the mountain ?

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,211 Posts
My year round pass is still good from last year so I might go up on this run. Two weeks before Moab tho.... just have to see if I got everything done for the big trip.

·
Man of endless projects
8,947 Posts
too far for me. what tires you running now Digger? you have limited slip or lockers? i thought i recall you had 33" ATs and open diffs last i saw ya. if zainy is right, you might be in some trouble.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am still running a stock bronco with 33's, open diffs, and 315,000 miles now. If you bring a high lift to Windrock you will be in deep sheep dip...

Last time I was there at WR, 60-70 trucks were staging at the general store parking lot and nobody was sporting over about 4" of lift.

This place is really incredible, maybe one of the best off road parks in america for sure. Very challenging and immense in size.

Hope to see some guys there this year.

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,220 Posts
I was sorry to see the poor response for the 2019 effort. I hope you get a solid group this year but even if you don't, I'm sure you'll have a blast.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, hey everyone....with a little over a month before Windrock 2020, I wanted to see how many were planning on coming to the ride and camp. I have been over to Windrock one other time since the ride last year and did some scouting. I have a really neato ride planned to open the day and wake you up in the early part of the day. I found a trail that goes along way along a mountain edge rated moderate that is extremely beautiful to ride and has a moderate pucker factor.

I hope to get something started this year for a regular Windrock event each year. I aint got too many more years of doing this stuff, but I would truly like to see this event take off and turn people onto a 5 star riding park.

Same deal goes for my out of state buddies who come to ride and camp...steaks are on me.

Hoping and praying for a good turn out.

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,220 Posts
I would suggest using the FSB Facebook page to let the folks know about the ride. That might get you some momentum.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alrightie...I just found out that Windrock is going to be throwing a huge festival and concert on the weekend I planned for our ride.

So I am moving the date to May 16 & 17. Hopefully this frees up some others to join us. So if you are posting the event on fb for us please put the new dates...ty.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,211 Posts
Digger, you think we could change this event to a different weekend? I have to work on this weekend. Maybe the weekend before or after this one? May 9th or 10th or possibly the 23rd or 24th?

Since Moab has been canceled I need to get my wheeling in 😉

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I was just checking in to see what kind of activity this post was drawing. And honestly the interest is very low to get too much into this ride. I have no idea why people sit on these incredible trucks and refuse to shift the floor lever to 4wd and use them...but it is what it is.

I put the date where I did May based upon the events scheduled on Windrock's website...to try and stay away from crowds. The weekend of May 12 is Mother's Day and I thought people would not want to leave home. That weekend after, the 26th is just before memorial day, another potential problem for family get togethers.

This is how I feel. It's alot of work putting these rides together. And I am all about the majority wins. So I see no problem in moving the date. Let's change the date to the next weekend in May...the 26-27.

Anyone interested in using the 4wd for it's intended purpose, please respond to let us know you will be planning on coming.
If it's only me and klh again, I am staying home and riding my local trails. Too far to drive for something I have in my back yard. LOL.

Hope to see some good numbers for this event...

·
Man of endless projects
8,947 Posts
i think a big part of it is thats most people who still use this forums dont check these regional sections of the forums. even years ago not many people checked them. this is why facebook is better for this kidna stuff. heck we cant even get more than a couple of us to do Ocala an such anymore. last 2 trips we did was jsut Angelo, Pfun and me. tho you did make a guest appearance at one

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, I know you're right. I even got the weekend wrong...lol..it's actually the 23-24 of May. Getting too old for this crap...lol.

I am not moving closer to "social networking" and technology...I am moving further away. As the property gets closer to completion I get free of connections. That's why I am here in the mountains.

I will leave it as is with the proper dates and see what happens. So the real date now is May 23 & 24.

I miss you crazy swampers now...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, this past week I hooked up with some people on the trails that belong to a small off road group here in eastern TN.

They are going to try and organize their people to see if any would like to be there at WR.

I fired up an old FB acct, so now everyone can friend me and we can stay in better contact. Let's see if this helps in the turnout numbers. The date is set at May 23&24.

(Casey) fix your damn truck and take a well needed long weekend off and get up here for the ride.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts