Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching but came up short. When I had my windshiled put in, the guy told me that the frame is rusted. So now whenever it rains I get a nice puddle of water in my floor in front of me. I was wondering I anyone knows where I can get either a portion of the windshild frame or what to fix this. Excess glue doesnt work so gotta do it the right way. Thanks

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
have the windshield pulled first, and find out where its rusted at, then call a local scrap yard(or even ford) and see if you can have that piece cut off or ordered then, depending on where it is have a shop cut and weld it in, or you can do it your self

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He already told me where it is. A buddy of mine is going to show me how to do it so thats a good thing. Um as far asa scrap yard, will any of the 80-96 ones work then or only 80-86? Im in NJ and most bko's in this region are rust buckets(mine exlucded). :thumbup

·
Registered
231 Posts
Did he tell you it was rusted right away or did he tell you after you complained to him that it was leaking?
I had a windshield replaced and it leaked bad in the top center. When I brought it back they said it was rusty, thats why its leaking. Never mentioned it to me when they replaced it.
I brought it to another shop, had it pulled and no rust. They told me that some shops use the rusty excuse on old cars and trucks all the time to save themselves on having to fix their f-up.
Maybe its a Jersey thing!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, He told me the 2nd time they cam out to replace it that it was rusty. Its not the A pillar by the way it appears to be running in. I guess we'll jsut have to cut it out. My buddy said to try year one for that type of repalcement part, give em a try on monday i guess.For a jersey life long resident, thats is THE only rust spot on the truck:rockon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts