Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have problems with their washer sprayers at speed? If I am going more than 50mph they don't spray very well. The wind just takes the fluid everywhere. Hardly any gets on the winshield. Any thoughts on how one could remedy this?

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
I don't have any problems, but my sister did on her car, it would go everywhere. I just stuck a needle down the holes and tried to clean the ends out, and pointed them a little better and it works great now.

·
Registered
316 Posts
andy, yours dont work? mine stopped working randomly the other day, there is an electrical connector at the bottom of the resivoir tank, i took it off, cleaned both male and female ends of it, pinch the female end a bit so it clamped better, put it back on and it works like new...
use a volt tester and check to make sure your getting voltage at the female end of the connector when you push the botton, should be about 10v with the car off.

if you are and you have cleaned it up and the pump still wont work, hotwire the pump to your battery (make sure you try positive on both sides cause i dont remember which is which but if you get a weird noise switch them quick ;) ) if that doesnt get your motor pumpin drain your fluid and take the pump out, clean it up and see if it works then, if it doesnt, then replace it

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Broncobob said:
I don't have any problems, but my sister did on her car, it would go everywhere.
Hey Bob, I figured I would get that for an answer. I think it has to do with my moon visor. The wind doesn't flow as smoothly up the hood and windshield as it would without it. The sprayers work fine and spray evenly just not at speed.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
yours work! i would be pleased if mine even sputtered on any of my trucks.

a bug sheild(YUCK) would most likey help diver the air flow from around the squirters, but may not do much for the top half of the glass

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
your just dont work due to physics so ither change something about the airflow or change the laws of physics altogether :thumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts