Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to replace the arm that holds the windshield wipers on or atleast how to get the wiper blade on so it wont fly off. i was drivin home and it started to rain lightly i turned on the wipers, the wiper blade flew off of the arm and landed on the asphalt of oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First lift the arm off the windscreen. Then look for a little tab down by where the arm hinges. Use your thumb nail to pull this tab out and release the arm. The tab should hold the arm out off the windscreen. Now you can remove the arm by pull straight out from the bottom. Be careful to align the splines when replacing and add a little grease to them too.

Or, if you are looking to replace the blade, there are two types. I have the one with a post that you can either use a big screwdriver to just pop off the arm, or there is a slot in the top that you insert a screwdriver/punch etc into and depress the release clip and pull the blade off. I not sure what to do with the "U" shaped attachment. Be sure to buy the appropriate type replacement.

·
Super Moderator
25,763 Posts
yo,
WQe all did a Wiper Blade?Refill discussion here recently @ http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175123

Here is my opinion;
NAPA Storm Vision WS Blade Review; "...; made in China. At $1.00, I bit and got bitten back BADLY. yeah.. It did not hook onto to the arm's Hook-slot CONNECTOR because it is too Wide (see Review below by DVE); this is why NAPA is selling 3 blades w/refill for a price cheaper than a Texas Made Trico brand REFILL..."
Source: by miesk5 at FSB

Here is a neat blade/refill Review (in a Saab, but relevant)
Source: by DVE37 at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2363586/9

ANCO...refills... not even close now. They used to fit perfectly... now it's more garbage from China. Adv Auto Parts Manager said none of the Chinese crap fits and walked over and gave me the Rain X Blades for free because it was snowing and he was p***ed because he saw me outside trying to get the ANCOs on
============
I'll go w/TRICO and/or MC Brand blade and refills from now on because the prices are now almost = to the other Brands.

Pic, MOTORCRAFT Part # WW1801P {Premium Blade) for 80-96
Source: by Ford
Neoprene anti-icing boot helps prevent icy buildup
Application-driven pressure points help keep even pressure on the windshield
Polymer superstructure (frame) helps prevent rust and corrosion
Extruded squeegee is designed to provide superior performance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts