Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
What type of wiper blades are you running? Brand ect... I run the bosch Icons. They are the type without the metal spring structure. They are more expensive but they never chatter on me and they are over a year old.

Seems like the stock replacement type never last very long for me.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What type of wiper blades are you running? Brand ect... I run the bosch Icons. They are the type without the metal spring structure. They are more expensive but they never chatter on me and they are over a year old.

Seems like the stock replacement type never last very long for me.
I'm running the same style, only mine are from anco.

I'm thinking of cleaning the windshield with a clay bar and seeing if that helps. If not I guess I need to replace the bushings in the wiper arms

·
Premium Member
9,989 Posts
Mine did it for a while but it stopped for some reason......:rofl:.....but you may need to pull off the cowl and tighten the bolts in there,....?

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Super Moderator
26,956 Posts
yo Tony,
Try cleaning the rubber with alcohol.
Use single edge razor blade to scrape off any crap on glass where the blade contacts glass on driver side.

·
Premium Member
9,989 Posts
Live with it until the rain stops then pull off the cowl etc., replace wiper blades if need......:doh0715:

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well these are brand new wipers, less than a month old. I think it's the wiper blades more than anything else. If I fold the blade back so that it drags instead of pushes it starts off quite, then of course it just gets loud again after it comes back down. :( I think I am going to try and rain-x the windshield. I have some of that stuff around.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
get the rain-x that you can put in your washer bottle. works way better (and less work) than spraying it on and buffing it off.

i've also had the standard way trash wipers.

you might need more pressure on that wiper. hold the arm off the windshield and bend it with your other hand down to put more pressure on the windshield. you won't need a lot of bend, just try it little by little.

i use the rain-x wipers.

however, i have used the bosch icons, holy SHIT what AWESOME wipers. lasted me 2 years. problem is they are $60/pair for my car. :(

·
Super Moderator
26,956 Posts
Well these are brand new wipers, less than a month old. I think it's the wiper blades more than anything else. If I fold the blade back so that it drags instead of pushes it starts off quite, then of course it just gets loud again after it comes back down. :( I think I am going to try and rain-x the windshield. I have some of that stuff around.
yo Tony,
re; "less than a month old"; but how long have they been on the shelf @ store or warehouse?
This is by Trico;
"•Clean rubber element every time you fill your gas tank. Remove loose dirt and road grime from the windshield.
•When hand washing your car, use a small amount of non-abrasive glass cleaner on a wet sponge to clean both the windshield and the rubber wiping elements.
•Always use an ice scraper to remove snow and ice. Using your wipers to de-ice your windshield can damage the blade as well as the entire arm and wiper motor.
Chattering is Caused by the “permanent set” or “curve” in the rubber that some wiper blades develop while they are not being used. This condition is characterized by the chattering sound the blade makes as it passes across the windshield."

I have $ store alcohol pads in my Bronco since we live in da Pines and aslways have droppings and sap on WS. So, at least weekly I clean the rubber...and use a razor scraper for WS debris.
Those are the cheapest and EZ cleaning tips I go with to save $.

·
AKA: Butthead
2,857 Posts
Treat your windshield with Rain-X.
x{3 ;}! :)

I've fixed other people's sun dried windshield wipers by just cleaning
their windshield with Rain-X. No kidding. At some point that doesn't
work, but that ain't your "point" with your new wipers and all.

TheUnforgiven wrote:
get the rain-x that you can put in your washer bottle. works way
better (and less work) than spraying it on and buffing it off.
x2 that too, that's the method that I'm talking about up there.

And the black-bottle Rain-X for inside the window for fog prevention.

Alvin in AZ
ps- BTDT all that stuff in Miesk's post #12 one time or another and
it worked too but I've gotten "rich" and lazy and quit messing with
the blades that way. :/ Sanded 'em down and sprayed 'em with
silicone spray and all sorts of crazy stuff that actually helped but I've
gotten lazy. LOL :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
x3 on the rain ex. i do all the windows including windshile spray on buff off. then i use the rainex washer fluid. I live in seattle so it rains like 395 days a year and wipers have to be good or u die lol

·
AKA: Butthead
2,857 Posts
x{4} on the rain ex.
I live in seattle so it rains like 395 days a year and wipers have to be good or u die lol
Cool, what happens here is it gets kinda-rainy for a couple months twice-a-year and the other
4x2=8 months the wipers cook in the sun. So typically they need to be changed out twice a year. :/

Since way back I've carried a new set of wipers installed an extra set of frames ready to throw on.

Alvin in AZ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts