Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter Carnival is 4 Days of no school at Michigan Tech. It's a yearly tradition that involves, outdoor snow activities, snow statues and an opportunity to celebrate our deep snow. For anybody that has never seen a snow statue it's pretty awesome. I tried to keep a few people in the pics to get an idea of how big these statues are. The theme was frightful creatures with chilling features

Doing some snow removal

Audio Engineering Society getting ready to make some noise.

Pac Man

Jurassic Park

Notice the ice chains

Monster

King Kong

South Park

Godzilla

My Favorite Ghost Busters. Probably one of the best statues I've seen in 5 years, besides the full scale mcdonalds from 2005

I liked the horse and buggy

Pretty cool stuff. I've never built one but I enjoy looking at them. The big ones take up to a month to build and there is also a competition for the best all night statue

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those look pretty cool. A lot more time spent making those than I could handle though...
Any pics of the mcdonalds?
That was a few years ago, I might have some pics

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
That is totally awsome! That wasn't all done by students from your school was it? Reminds me of the sandcastle competitions we used to have around here...until it got too roudy for the city to handle...wimps.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is totally awsome! That wasn't all done by students from your school was it? Reminds me of the sandcastle competitions we used to have around here...until it got too roudy for the city to handle...wimps.
Yes. Only students and student groups work on them. Like I said there are month long and all night statues. It takes a lot of work on top of school and obviously it's not a nice warm task

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Yes. Only students and student groups work on them. Like I said there are month long and all night statues. It takes a lot of work on top of school and obviously it's not a nice warm task
Really, wow. I wouldn't have thought there would be that many talented people in one school.

I know I can sand bondo like nobodies business, but get me to make anything like you posted..no way.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really, wow. I wouldn't have thought there would be that many talented people in one school.

I know I can sand bondo like nobodies business, but get me to make anything like you posted..no way.
It takes a lot of people, a lot of time and a lot of snow. They use that John Deere loader to load dump trucks full of snow for deliver to the statues. They haul dirty snow from campus to remote lots and clear the remote lots of clean snow and haul it back to campus for snow statues.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Pretty amazing. I bet they look better at night though.

mR

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
I can't beleive how coll they all look. I owuld have made the Man-bear-pig for southpark though.

On a side note, I wonder how much beer/alcohol was drank while making those things????

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
wow

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,489 Posts
"cool"

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't beleive how coll they all look. I owuld have made the Man-bear-pig for southpark though.

On a side note, I wonder how much beer/alcohol was drank while making those things????
Did you not see man-bear-pig?

The night of the all nighter, last wednesday is a "heavy" drinking night. There's little control over alcohol consumption on campus due to the 3-4000 students wandering on campus all night.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Did you not see man-bear-pig?

The night of the all nighter, last wednesday is a "heavy" drinking night. There's little control over alcohol consumption on campus due to the 3-4000 students wandering on campus all night.
I was at work, and skimming fast. Might have also caused some of my spelling mistakes, but I suck at spelling anyway, so it probibly only hurt a little.....

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Too cool! Gotta admire creative folks.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
purty damn cool. I love that southpark one, al gore, too funny. I showed this to my gf and roomate, they couldn't believe it.

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
Awesome.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts