Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lookslike we might get our first taste of winter here in VA in the next couple of days, woohoo :thumbup

from weather.com...

FRANKLIN-PATRICK-ROANOKE-SURRY-WILKES- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... DOBSON... SALEM... WILKESBORO
CORRECTION TO CHANGE ADVISORY TO WINTER STORM WARNING

... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM THURSDAY TO 7 AM EST FRIDAY...

SNOW AND SLEET WILL OVERSPREAD THE AREA DURING THE PREDAWN HOURS WITH ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 4 INCHES BEFORE PRECIPITATION CHANGES TO FREEZING RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. ICE BUILDUP FROM THE FREEZING RAIN IS EXPECTED TO BE AROUND ONE QUARTER INCH. THAT AMOUNT OF ICE ACCUMULATION COULD DOWN TREE LIMBS AND CAUSE WIDESPREAD POWER OUTAGES. ROADS AND WALKWAYS WILL LIKELY BECOME TREACHEROUS AS WELL... ESPECIALLY ON BRIDGES AND
how many others have/are experiencing "winter" yet?

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,917 Posts
It rained tonight and somebody tried to say Sleet, but its only like 40*. I'm moving to Arizona, its too damn cold. :banghead

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BroncoBabe said:
its too damn cold. :banghead
i love the cold, and snow, i wish it would snow 2-3 foot deep :shocked :beer

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dblue351 said:
i have, it is almost 60 here! I cant believe it!!!

:thumbup
dear God, how will you survive? :toothless its supposed to be down in the teens here in the next 4-5 days

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
dsotmoon said:
dear God, how will you survive? :toothless its supposed to be down in the teens here in the next 4-5 days

it's rough, but I think we will pull thru it this time! :goodfinge

·
user title
2,211 Posts
yeah, but the weather people in this part of VA do that every year. I bet nothing even happens...we won't have SHIT. :(

But I'm with you, Joe...I love the snow and sleet and so on. I wish we had a nice place to go play in the snow around here.

:beer
Bill

·
Registered
470 Posts
We've had snow since the 29th of October.

·
Registered
326 Posts
It's pretty dang cold here too Joe. Had to call off the West Virginia trip due to the weather forecast. I hate winter, but at least it isn't as bad as when I lived in Alberta :thumbup

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,643 Posts
Yesterday we had our first 'snowfall'. It flurried here on and off most of the day. Up (somewhere, i forget where) in the Northern part of the state i heard it snowed pretty heavy for a short time, and actually caused alot of traffic cause it was coming down so hard :eek:

Now theyre calling for snow showers and sleet on friday and saturday.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,917 Posts
I like when the air at night gets cold, and you have to all bundle up and stuff. And I like snow and playing in it. But I HATE being cold and since I got sick, I STAY cold. I get a chill and I can't shake it. Then my dad gives me the "put on more clothes!" speech. Even with an electric blanket and two quilts, its impossible for me to warm up. :(

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BroncoBabe said:
I like when the air at night gets cold,
me too, once it gets cold i open the bedroom window, nothing like getting in a cold bed, of course until i wake up and my wife has ALL the blankets wrapped around her and i have nothing :toothless

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
cold weather sucks. cold weather=no chicks in skimpy clothing.
Winter is only fun when it snows but it does not snow here, and if it does snow i am talking like 1 inch my whole city shuts down and goes into natural disaster mode people panic and stock up on food. Then you get the people who think they can drive in the snow and ice and the crash into everything:mad: .

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,643 Posts
Broncomx said:
Winter is only fun when it snows but it does not snow here, and if it does snow i am talking like 1 inch my whole city shuts down and goes into natural disaster mode people panic and stock up on food. Then you get the people who think they can drive in the snow and ice and the crash into everything:mad: .
WOW, you just described NJ, too!

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
dsotmoon said:
me too, once it gets cold i open the bedroom window, nothing like getting in a cold bed, of course until i wake up and my wife has ALL the blankets wrapped around her and i have nothing :toothless

I hate it when the damn sheep do that to me. :toothless

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
rochester's weather is nothing. try tug hill mofo. :goodfinge

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Broncomx said:
cold weather=no chicks in skimpy clothing.
what are you talking about, cold weather=tight sweaters and hard nips :toothless

·
Only the Bronco
973 Posts
Well, as Dixie Pirate days, it's not as bad as Alberta...... we have a good foot to a foot and a half of snow...... alot more than my pic of the Bronc there.

so if you want snow, we have it.... lol

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
we have our first chance of snow flurries next tues AM, im ready for it!! its goin to be crazy driving, girls here dont know how to drive as it is, it can only get worse with snow! oh well, ill just steer clear of the crazy girl drivers

wes

1 - 20 of 35 Posts