Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

First snow of the year. Got a '95. If there's half an inch of wet snow on the windshield, it will slide down, get underneath the wipers, pack down, and the stock wiper motors / blades I have now can't push through it.

Not a big deal, but it's a pain to have to get out frequently to clear out that little bit of snow from under the wiper.

Any wiper blades that are better than others at cutting down through snow (plow it off the windshield instead of packing it down)?

Any wiper arms that flip up all the way so that you can clear the windshield with a snow rake? Right now, I've got to hold each of them up with one hand and clear out snow with the other.

Any wiper motors that have some more balls than stock?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Ur front window defogger should melt any packing snow under the blade.
Rain X blades seem to be pretty popular but cutting thru packing snow under even a good blade would most likely fall more on the motor and linkage

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ur front window defogger should melt any packing snow under the blade.
Rain X blades seem to be pretty popular but cutting thru packing snow under even a good blade would most likely fall more on the motor and linkage
Yeah, once it gets going, the defogger kept up good. Then all that hot air is a good excuse to roll down the window.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I personally use the Bosch wiper blades on all my vehicles. Even my wife's car. You want the Bosch blades with the large rubber "spine" instead of the skeleton like conventional wipers.

This will cause them to take more snow off instead of only some of it and the rest falling through the blade skeleton and down to the cowl.

You could also use a snow-brush before driving. That's all I had to do during blizzards in Canada.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts