Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 with the orginal wiper switch, that has now died. The Ford Steelership wanted a 188 bucks for a new one. After laughing and walking out I went to Napa and they had it for 65. My question is the one I got from Napa says with out trailer tow package. Whats the difference in the switches? Can I use the one that doesnt have the tow package? I dont tow anything, I just need to be able to use my wipers and turn signals.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Personaly, I would go with the tow package switch. Not sure what it would do or not if you went with the non one, but if it worked fine than a few years down the road you need to trailer a uhaul or something for a day to move a freind, bro, sis, son or daughter and you go to the uhaul place and they wont let you rent it cause your trailer lights wont work.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Personaly, I would go with the tow package switch. Not sure what it would do or not if you went with the non one, but if it worked fine than a few years down the road you need to trailer a uhaul or something for a day to move a freind, bro, sis, son or daughter and you go to the uhaul place and they wont let you rent it cause your trailer lights wont work.
Huh?

These are your two choices-

With Electronic Flasher; Except Automatic Headlight Dimmer
Except Electronic Flasher; With Automatic Headlamp Dimmer
Napa is the only place that says anything about a tow package and unfortunately I can't cross-reference NAPA's part number to anything else. Napa doesn't even offer the "tow package" version if there is such a thing.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Ok, did some research.

Napa DL6172 ("non-tow package") cross-references to OEM numbers F3TA13K359DA, F3TZ13K359B, F3UZ13K359A, F8TZ13K359AA, F8TZ13K359AB, SW2485 which are for trucks w/o Electronic Flasher or w/ Auto. Headlight Dimmer

Napa DL6170 cross-references to OEM numbers F3UZ13K359B, F3UZ13K359C, F79Z13K359CA, F89Z13K359AA, F89Z13K359AB, F8UZ13K359AA, SW2484 which are for trucks w/ Electronic Flasher w/o Auto. Headlight Dimmer

Look at your turn signal flasher and determine what you have and go from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts