Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so it took me about three or more years to realize my 1990 Bronco, Eddie Bauer had a Tilt Steering Wheel, I still wouldn't have known if my Buddy didn't say, push the blinker lever forward!!!Yes I did feel stupid, but excited too.
So, the other night were heading home, the wife was driving, because I had a beer, or maybe two?? And it was raining, all of a sudden, the wipers stop, then start, then stop then start, I'm like what the heck did you do to my Bronco, she said, I didn't do a dam thing to your Bronco, I said, well how did you get the wipers to do intermittent??? She said well, I guess I went past the OFF position one click, I'm like are you shittin## me, this thing has intermittent wipers??? She said, well yes, didn't you know that??? I said, gimme another beer!!!:beer
Well, I've only had it 5-1/2 years!!

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
:doh0715: :doh0715: :doh0715: :doh0715: :doh0715:

·
Ford Hoarder
6,202 Posts
If anything I will say that the 1991 and older trucks are more like the 70's vehicles then the 92+ trucks basically work like modern vehicle when it comes to these functions. I could totally see how this may happen, if all you where used to driving was stuff made from the mid 90's and newer.
Its one thing I really like about the Bricknose trucks, all the old school feel, but still new enough to have EFI and an OD trans with lock up converter.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just be glad your not in a fist year truck. Where the dimmer switch was moved to the blinker handle.
Blinded traffic 2 hours, until a driver told me to try the Blank and Blank turn signal button. Was in a Frightliner, man all those years with the dimmer in the floor. It took me a month to get used to that move.
Then pulled a good one on an old man. He had just bought a new Pickup. Told him it had a recall! He was mad as could be, and was going to tell him different at the end of the day. He runs to the dealer at lunch. Chewing them out for selling him a new truck. With a recall.
At that point they ask what recall?? He tells them way to many BLONDS were getting there foot hung in the steering wheel. Trying to dim the headlights... Man I had to run from him that evening. He did not take that joke at all.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anything I will say that the 1991 and older trucks are more like the 70's vehicles then the 92+ trucks basically work like modern vehicle when it comes to these functions. I could totally see how this may happen, if all you where used to driving was stuff made from the mid 90's and newer.
Its one thing I really like about the Bricknose trucks, all the old school feel, but still new enough to have EFI and an OD trans with lock up converter.
Actually I think my 1990 Bronco, is the newest FORD I've ever had, let's see, I had 1965 Galaxie 500 sure miss that car, 1969 f100, 1972 4x4 High boy, 1975 F100 4x4, 1985 F150 4x4, I still have a 1992 Mustang, 1964 Comet 2 door, 1954 Lincoln 2 door, and my newest edition 1978 Bronco. I thinks that's it:thumbup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts