Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have pretty much no experience with wireing anything other than a stereo or simple stuff so may be yall can help, i bought a atc fuse panel to add my accesories on to and i have no idea how i wire this thing up,

is the bottom screw thing for the positive source to connect to? and where would the stuff im hooking get their ground source?

ok question 2
the label on the switch says Power on the left, Load in the middle, and ground on the right. what is the load thing supposed to be hooked to? its a illuminated switch.

thanks for your help yo

·
Try it now!!
9,120 Posts
Looks like the main power feed is the stud, and it branches off to the spade lugs through the fuses. Hook the components up to the spade lugs.

The LOAD on the switch is the component you are hooking up to it. The GROUND facilitates the illumination. If you dont hook up GROUND it will still work but not light up. Power is, obviously, power. Make sure its fused...looks like you got a nice fuse block for that purpose.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
6,993 Posts
Yup, the stud would be the "main" input for the fuse block. Each of the tabs on the sides are hot "branches" that can be run to anything you want. Ground each load to the metal of the truck. Frame, dash supports, ect.

For the switch, power comes in (like from your fuse block) to the power tab. Whatever your controlling hook to the load tab. If you want it to light up, hook the ground tab to something that is grounded.

Also, be sure you are using the right size/gauge wire for the load you are running and fuse it for the correct amount.

Adrianspeeder

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
On your fuse panel that big lug in the middle is for power coming in. Rom someting like a 4 guage wire to it straight off the + post on the battery. Put a ring terminal on the ends so that it has a good connection. To ground whatever your sending power to, just run a slef tapping screw into the floor of the body with the ground wire attached to it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts