Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still consider my a wiring noob. Not the greatest at it, but by far not the worst. I'm sure some of you are much better at it than I. Here is my recent work on assembling a switch panel that will go into a mud drags truck. White cylinders are LEDs to show when the switch is on, switch is in the middle, and a fuse holder at the top of the pic. Wiring gurus, how would you have wired this any differently? (aside from not using crimp connectors) I know what I have will work...just looking for any tips/tricks/advice on how to make it look better/cleaner.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Looks pretty damn good to me, I never take the time to route it so neatly.

The only thing I would recommend is something I wish I did for my switches. I would use a harness connector (like what Fireguy50 sells in the pic below) so you can completely remove it from the vehicle if necessary. If you want to re-do something, its much easier to put it on your work bench that to hunch over your console trying to mess with it attached to the vehicle.

IMO, I think it looks better to solder and heat shrink your connections that to use the butt connectors....but I rarely do that myself.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks pretty damn good to me, I never take the time to route it so neatly.

The only thing I would recommend is something I wish I did for my switches. I would use a harness connector (like what Fireguy50 sells in the pic below) so you can completely remove it from the vehicle if necessary. If you want to re-do something, its much easier to put it on your work bench that to hunch over your console trying to mess with it attached to the vehicle.

IMO, I think it looks better to solder and heat shrink your connections that to use the butt connectors....but I rarely do that myself.
I'm planning on finding some connectors so I can remove it if needed. Not everything is going to be hooked to a connector though. Some of the stuff doesn't need it in my opinion, like the ground wires for the LEDs. They'll be easy enough to undo.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And just ordered some! a 2-pin weatherpack connector for the starter button, and a 5-pin for the different circuits going to different parts of the truck. Not gonna bother with the 12v on the LED grounds. They'll be easy enough to access to remove.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts